Chapter 16

"What do you think Eli?"

"A very plain choice for a billionaire futur wife". Elizabeth replied with a bit surprise. "I was expecting diamonds and pearls... a dress fit for a princess".

It was Emma's wedding day and as she fully expected that it would be only wedding day she ever had, fake maybe but she was keen to make the most of the occasion. Refusing to let Elizabeth's lack of enthusiasm get her down, Emma twirled once again just for the fun of seeing her dress flounce around her slim legs enhanced by crystal diamond satin white pumps.

"Well, sometimes less is more..." she does not want to waste more money on a fake marriage she wanted to say this loud but did not.

"Oh sweetie..." Elizabeth said and frowned.

Determined not to pose as a conventional bride and run the risk of awakening Dominic's mockery by choosing a fancy dress, Emma had decided to go for a white chiffon gown with a gentle off the shoulder neckline. She was even proud of having used only a tiny bit of the money in the bank account that he had insisted on opening on her behalf.

"Please Eli, cheer up and be happy for Tiyar and me", Emma begged.

"Em, this is not right. You should not be marrying Dominic for Tiyar's benefit", Elizabeth muttered uncomfortably. "i am acting like this because I have never imagine this will happen".

"Oh Eli, who did? Emma replied breezily.
"And if I get to be with Tiyar everyday then this is the right choice. He would not let me raise her on my own as Tiyar is very much his like mine".

"Emma I don't trust him".

"Even I don't Eli but I don't have any other options if I have to look out for my niece....and I bet Dominic would divorce me even faster than he said he would".

Understandably, Elizabeth did not want her to move to Britain. Emma also suspected that Elizabeth had secretly hoped that she might eventually have a change of heart and start dating her brother, Steven.

Even though she had never given Steven the slightest encouragement, seeing him more like a big brother than a potential boyfriend or husband, Emma had felt rather guilty about him.

Forty minutes later, Emma studied the crowd of people waiting outside the court trying to spot Dominic.
She checked her reflection to see that her low bun was still perfect. She smoothed nervous hands down over the chiffon gown and took a last look at her white shoes.

The car driver which Dominic sent pulled right at the court steps and jumped out to open the door. With Tiyar in a carrier seat, Emma climbed out.

She hurried on up the steps and into the court.
An elderly officer greeted her warmly. Elizabeth took charge of Tiyar. Emma's heart started beating very fast.

Dominic was standing near the office door, another slighter man standing to one side of him, maybe his lawyer. She was more interested in staring at Dominic. Even in profile, he looked incredibly handsome.

His formal dark suit and white shirt were exquisitely tailored to his tall, powerful frame. As usual, he exuded the quiet, distinguished elegance that seemed so much a part of him.

She wanted so badly for him to acknowledge her arrival with a look, a smile, the merest touch but nothing happened.

As the nuptial vows began, she listened carefully to every word. Each of them made their responses, sliding a gold ring on her finger and signing their marriage certificate.

Dominic had been rather looking forward to seeing Emma in a wedding gown, long white dress complete with a veil worthy of a billionaire wife, but she went for a very simple plain one. He knew he was being punished for not having properly communicate with her. It was his own fault.

"You may kiss your bride Mr Martinez". the officer said.

"Sorry about this...." Dominic whispered apologetically before he tugged her head back and brought his hungry mouth down hard on hers.

In shock, Emma jerked against him and gasped as if she were being ravished. Pure lust leaped throught him. His tongue delved deep in a bold invasion. An unbearable sweetness shot through Emma followed by a fierce wave of heat.

Dizzy, she locked her arms around his neck to keep her balance and as he released her tingling lips, she struggled to catch her breath against his shoulder.