Chapter 20

Everyone who worked in the mansion was waiting to pay their respects to the lady of the house. Dominic carried her through the introductions with the sure confidence that seemed to accompany everything he did, Emma really appreciated his support.

Afterwards, he took her hand in his, walked her up to the stairs.

"You must be hungry", he murmured.

"Yes,... Am sorry I should have eaten when I got the chance". Emma sighed.

Her attention locking to the architectural details surrounding them. It was absolutely gorgeous and she was so fascinated by it.

His mouth quirked at her innocence.

"I upset you... It was my fault. I hope you will forgive me for that. I have arranged for a meal to be served in our room. Emma I want you to be happy here..."

".... I wish Dominic but unfortunately your grandmother does not agree with you".

"It is a shame that she did not have the opportunity to get to know you at your sister's wedding. I know her, she would never be unkind, just give her some time to get accustomed to our marriage".

Emma felt even less confident.

"I should warn you that l have not told any one of our... Ahm... marital arrangement....not even my granny!"

"Wait... You mean your granny thinks we really... Like a real married couple?" she whispered yelled.

"Jeez woman, not so loud, do you want us to get caught!"

"Dominic you should tell her the truth! I don't want her to think even worst about me..."

"It would only complicate everything. Trust me, I know my own family better than you. To all intents and purposes, this is the wisest at this point to let our wedding appear to be normal" Dominic decreed.

Despite Emma disagreement but still she understood the hint. It was obvious to her that Margaret was burning with rage and disappointment over the fact that her grandson have thrown his title, wealth and property away on a penniless miss nobody.

She did not blame Margaret one little bit for being bothered by this fact. Dominic was equivalent of a prince and a prince deserves a real princess not a poor nobody.

Upstairs, Dominic showed her into a beautiful furnished huge bedroom with a fabulous balcony, which also has an enormous bathroom and dressing room attached.

"Um... Is this... For me?" she gasped.

"Yes, all yours wife...dinner will be served on the balcony in about forty minutes if it's okay with you... this way you will have time to freshen up". He imparted.

"It is fine with me", she replied totally relief as she had been afraid that she might have to dress up to eat in some fancy dining room with his grandma and she had nothing suitable to change into.

"Yes, on the balcony. I have ordered all your favourite... dishes".

"What... Wait...! But you don't know what I like... you never asked me..."

"I have my way..."

Dominic gazed down at her in all seriousness.

"You hardly ate anything today, it was my fault. I want you to relax and feel comfortable here in this house".

She laughed awkwardly.

"Am sure, am never going to relax in a place like this".

"Says who!.. Of course you will...you are my wife, this is your house and you must treat it as such. Your comfort is the most important thing to me". Dominic declared.

For a long timeless moment, she was conscious only of his spectacular power of his gaze. His concern for her sent a sudden happiness winging through her slight frame.

"Right, so.. if am to make myself at home, I will have a bath before dinner...but first you better tell me where Tiyar is because I want to check if she is fine without me".

For a split second, Dominic was possessed with raw hunger with that simple reference to a bath and his imagination had gone crazy. He just wanted to throw her on the bed and have her under him for hours, to hear her moan while drowning endlessly inside her sweet body.

Lust had never controlled him to such an extend that he almost forgot who he was. She was amazingly sexy. And the very fact that she did not even seem to appreciate the strength of her own attraction only added to her appeal. He could not recall when he had last been with a woman capable of walking past a mirror without looking in it. Not to mention one so devoted to a baby's interest that her own needs took second billing.

Emma peeked at Tiyar who was asleep in a large crib. Her niece was being watched over by half of the staff female. Well, for now she could do something else without worrying as her angel was being protected by an army.

A little while later, Emma sank into the warm scented water, her bath she prepared. She rested her head back against the built in pillow of the bathtub.

She could see the misery of being married to Dominic was going to cost her a lot. She could not have him and other women were going to have him... But she consoled herself, she has Tiyar, a bath to die for and food.

So, supposely, this was her wedding night and she was.... alone....what was new about being alone, Emma asked herself, struggling not to give way to self pity. Unhappily, she admitted Dominic would never have left a princess alone... But reality is she is not a princess.