Part 16 - Ride

(Anastasia's pov)

I didn't know where we were going. My eyes were shut and my head was melting into his back, my hands still wrapped around his chest holding on for this moment that i didn't want to end. I thought if i moved or let go then the time would stop. My thoughts were weak, nothing in my head apart from the peace of the breeze blowing against my hair that's not in the helmet.

I didn't care where we were going i just cared if we stopped, i didn't want to stop. Although the air was cold his body made me heat up.

I could sleep. All i wanted was to sleep. This is the only time my thoughts haven't been chasing another in my head, this time it's silent but not the eerie silence but one where you feel like everything will be alright.

I held on tighter as we turned a corner, I was holding on so tight i could feel his abs through his tshirt. My cheeks flushed a bright red, this is the moment i'm glad he's not looking at me.

We stopped at a red light, my arms let go resting on the bike. I didn't know how tired i was until i opened my eyes, looking up, squinting at the bright sun. I tried to hide myself in his back. Away from it all, my thoughts. My life. I just wanted this moment to keep going.

"You okay?" His voice made me jump a little.

"Just tired" I said yawning not sure if he heard.

I'm guessing he did hear as we took a new route which i remembered, the one back to his house. The last time i stepped through those doors i ran back out when i needed to run into his arms.

We approached his driveway. It was empty so i'm guessing no one was at the house.

The bike came to a stop.

When inside he led me up to his room, the same smell which i should of remembered when he first came back into my life. His smell, the one where i walked into his childhood bedroom, the same one.

He hopped into the shower while i made myself comfy on his bed, i tried to keep my eyes open until i physically couldn't.

________________________________

I woke up in a sweat, basically jumping out of my sleep. Out of my dream, my nightmare? My breathing was heavy. I couldn't catch my breath it was more a wheeze.

Gio then walks out of his bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. Now i can definitely see his abs. I saw them when we were at the lake but i was more worried about covering my tattoos and secrets up than to see how physically fit he was. This definitely took my mind off what i just woke up from.

From my breathing being heavy to not breathing atall.

"You just going to keep staring?" He chuckled in a jokey but serious way.

"Staring at what" I laughed in a way that was so obvious a lie.

"What's wrong you look.. sweat-"

"Don't even finish that! I was having a bad dream and i just woke up in a pool of sweat."

"In my bed."

He says while he starts drying his hair with another towel.

"Lovely." He laughs. That laugh always gets me.

"It's not my fault!"

I say throwing a pillow at him, which actually hit him straight in the back of the head.

"Oops sorry." I said holding my mouth to try stop myself from laughing because i actually feel abit bad.

"Go back to sleep it is better not hearing you talk." Awe i love when he jokes around.

"Fine and only because i want to, your bed is just too comfy."

He then sits down next to me on the bed but my eyes are too heavy and fall back asleep hoping to not see the face that woke me up.