Part 5 - Text

(Anastasia's pov)

Why did they look exactly like my parents? Who were they?

"I'm just going to go to the toilet" i said whilst my eyes were still fixated on that couple. I don't think Bailee even heard what i said as her head was flat on the table laughing at one of Quinns unfunny jokes.

I walked towards them and my chest was heavy. My breathing was erratic.

Walking closer i realised that they didn't really look like my parents at all. I don't know what i saw in them. Why is it now i have to be reminded of them?

I was going back to the table when i found myself trying to breathe, i was struggling more than i should have. Maybe the alcohol is just setting in now.

Cursing underneath my breath. Thankfully Bailee wont notice as she's too drunk and i don't want to ruin her birthday. My hands are sweating and my breathing is becoming worse, everything around me is spinning and i just want to go home.

I find myself frozen in place. I cant move. My head becomes dizzy aswell as spinning. I cant think. I feel two hands on my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" A worried voice whispering behind me. The breath was warm on my neck.

(Giovanni's pov)

Bailee is laughing at- honestly i have no clue as nothing is funny. Quinn is just being Quinn which is not always a good thing. The only person i can have a proper conversation with is Anastasia because she might actually remember this night tomorrow.

Quinn and Bailee are seeming to have some good conversations but i see the way he's looking at her. He wants to pay because "their friends" but i know he has a thing for her and he makes it very obvious. Quinn can't hide how he feels.

While trying to mind my business and let Quinn do all the talking i notice that Anastasia has never actually made it to the toilet. She's staring at this couple. That's weird. Does she know them?

When she's coming back to the table i notice she doesn't look right, maybe the alcohol has just kicked in but then she has stopped walking now and i know Bailee won't notice as she can't see anything but colourful lights so i decide to give go over and see if she's alright.

(Anastasia's pov)

His hands feel soft on my shoulders.

"I'm fine, thank you" I managed to choke out. I wanted to crumble to the floor in tears.

"I think i'm going to go home now." I stutter.

"I'll take you home." He offered but i didn't want to take his offer. Maybe i should. Maybe i am as bad as Bailee with making decisions.

He makes me agree to it and is apparently going to drive me home in MY car. I don't know what else he could drive as he didn't drive here.

I say goodnight to Bailee and Quinn and he takes my keys from my bag which he's holding. Okay like he's holding my bag. MY bag.

My heart is pounding.

________________________________

We arrive back at mine as i guided him the whole way here. I know he shouldn't of been driving but he was the most sober one there. He mustn't of drunk that much.

He walks me to the door.

Nobody's home as usual so i get my keys out my bag and i notice my phone vibrate with a message.

*New text from ...*

I haven't heard that name in ages, his name, his fucking name, the name that breaks my heart whenever i read it. I felt that lump in my throat form, i didn't even realise Giovanni was talking until he placed his hand on my lower back which made me jump. There was that loud ringing coming from my ears. I couldn't hear anything but my body felt dirty and my head started to feel dizzy again.

"Anastasia look at me." His voice sounded muffled and i couldn't hear him much over the ringing noise.

My legs felt numb and shaky to the point i dropped because i couldn't keep myself up. He caught me.

How much more embarrassing can i be? He lifted me up slightly to my feet so i could regain my balance.

Giovanni put his arm around my waist to stable me so i didn't (embarrassingly) drop again. This made my legs feel numb again but with a different feeling in my stomach.

He unlocked the door and followed the white walls into the living room where he placed me on the sofa.

He sat on the sofa with my and put my head on his chest so i wouldn't tumble off the sofa (that would be funny though.) I have a weird warm feeling in my stomach.

I know you shouldn't trust people you've known for a day but if Bailee knew Quinn and Quinn knew Giovanni then i should trust him. Also he did basically drag me home and go to my school and i hang out with him and Quinn. Okay i guess it's okay. Right?

(Giovanni's pov)

I took her home, her beautiful fucking home which looked like a palace. I walked her to her door but she began to look worse than she did at the restaurant.

Her face started to loose colour and i saw her legs give way. Lifting her up to her feet i helped her inside trying to find something to lay her down on. To be honest i didn't know which room was what as it was massive but i followed down what felt like a very long path to her living room. Placing her on the sofa. I didn't want her head to fall so i put her on my chest.

She started to breathe normally now. We stayed there in silence for a bit of time until she slowly got up to call Bailee saying something about "home" and "safe" but i didn't hear much.

"Should i call your parents Anastasia, i'm worried about you?"

"Trust me i would if i could."

I was confused at what she said and i think she picked up on that.

"They both went missing, i live with my Aunt and Uncle."

I didn't exactly know what to say except from tell her how sorry i was because who can imagine both your parents going missing?

We stayed sitting for a bit. I could tell it was awakened so i started a conversation.

"I know this probably isn't the time but did you want to come to this lake party with me and Quinn, you can invite Bailee, it's this weekend."

"I'll think about it, thank you" she said with a slight smile.

I then made sure she was okay and safe for the night and got up to leave.

(Anastasia's pov)

Did i want to go, absolutely. It would be so fun but i want to cover every inch of myself up without looking stupid but that won't work as it's in a lake. Swimming. Bikinis.

But as he helped me get home and safely, i owe it to Giovanni to go.

"Goodnight, hopefully i'll see you at that party"
he carefully closed the door behind him.

"Goodnight and thank you."