Part 28 - Dinner

Anastasia's pov:

Giovanni is supposed to arrive in an hour. I can smell the food from upstairs, it travels through the cracks in my door.

Gosh i am so excited yet nervous, they knew who he was when we were young as they still put up old pictures of me and my friends around the house. What they don't know is, he is Gio, my Gio, the one i've known throughout my childhood.

I throw clothes around, my hair still in rollers cooling down, my tears ready to fall from frustration but i don't let them, i've only just powdered my face.

Finally, my eyes land on the vintage Christian Dior fall/winter red cut silk dress. The one that flows at the body but hugs my waist. It's vintage, costs a lot but i would wear it out so every penny is worth it. My dad brought it for me after one of our big arguments. It was the last thing he had ever brought me. It was a big argument, i told him i would never speak to him again. It was a lie. I was scared of him when he raised his voice but i had his genes and didn't show how scared i was of him.

Picking the dress up and lightly taking it off the hanger carefully placing it back. I would wear this all the time if i wasn't so scared to ruin it. I wouldn't even wash it as it's the last thing my dad handed to me.

Scanning through my large wardrobe filled with shoes. I come to a hard conclusion of two shoes.

Either my Louis Vuitton leather pointy heels. Or the Gianvito Rossi's ascent 55 leather slingback pumps.

Preferring the short 55mm heels held with the dainty gold-tone ribbon straps. Gianvito Rossi win for tonight!

The outfit now on i have just enough time to finish taking the rollers out my hair.

Giovanni arrives at the door

Giovanni arrives at the door. I make sure i am the first one to reach the handle while my Aunt and Uncle stand far behind me watching closely.

"Hi." A small smirk glimmers on his face, until he looks behind me.

"Hey, come in!" I say with urgency just wanting to get past this awkward stage of him meeting my Aunt and Uncle.

Although while he walks past i bask in his sweet musky scent. Turning around on my leather heels i can see him looking me up and down. I would too if i was in someone's eyes looking at this dress. As the front of my dress hangs down i cannot wear a bra so you are seeing a bit more than you may supposed too.

He is dressed in a silk white long sleeve button up and black trousers. A watch and bracelet, silver of course. I need someone to math with. His sleeves on his shirt are rolled up showing off his arms and the buttons aren't done up all the way. The Calvin Klein belt around the trousers.

I walk over hiding behind him because of our height difference

I walk over hiding behind him because of our height difference. Quickly doing up a button or two of his shirt i turn him around to face my Aunt and Uncle.

"Giovanni." He holds his hand out to my Uncle

"Jeremy." My Uncle shakes Gio's hand with a stern voice, one he put deeper.

"My name is Emily, it's a pleasure to meet you i am so glad you could make it to dinner."

"You two seem very familiar." Gio jokes and now i am the one giving him a bad look. My Aunt and Uncle look confused while he is trying not to laugh as he can tell they do not remember him. We were the same when we first saw each other. We have changed a lot since our childhood. We grew up and look way different.

Dinner was set on the table by my Aunt as she hates when more than one person is in the kitchen when she cooks. So do i so i cannot complain.

"This looks lovely." Gio says while i agree with him trying not to eat with my mouth open.

"You are correct Giovanni, you do look familiar?"

Oh god.

Gio then points towards one of the pictures on the wall. One of us two when we were kids. My Aunt and Uncle barely knew any of my friends but thought it would be a more homely feeling for me to hang up old photos, ones they found in my mums draw. But my Aunt and Uncle knew Gio, we hated being separated.

My Aunt gasps.

"Oh my.. how did i not see it." My Uncle looks at my Aunt confused then understands. He doesn't look too impressed yet he never has done.

__________________________________

Giovanni's pov:

I help to wash up with Stasia's Aunt. It's only right as she has cooked an amazing meal. I don't get many of them as my parents are always out or not bothered.

"Thank you again for the invite and for dinner." I really am thankful.

Her Uncle walks in. He has watched me this whole time with an unbothered face, one which shows me he never wanted me here.

Her Aunt smiled at me from my statement while i finish drying up the last plate. Anastasia was left in the big dining room to clear up and look like nobody had been sat in there. Their house was spotless, like not a piece of dust has visited.

"Look we appreciate you coming, we really do, but this has to be the last." Her Uncle states very firmly, the second time he has talked to me this entire night.

"I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean?" I question. I'm just a bit taller than him which i think he hates, maybe that's it?

"Jeremy leave." Her Aunt mutters to him with a serious voice. Now i am really confused.

He leaves the room exactly like she asks.

"Giovanni you seem lovely and we know you have known Anastasia for a very long time but you haven't been in contact when her parents went missing, we were here and we saw how it broke her."

I wasn't quite understanding where her point was going.

"I have seen you out with her, you two seem more than friends and that is not what Anastasia needs right now. She needs to be more stable. She isn't ready for whatever you want and you need to step away."

"I am sorry but me and Anastasia have nothing between us but i will not step away from our friendship." She was right because what we did that night i did not regret, i wanted more than a friendship.

"You need to step away, she doesn't need you, she needs us."

Bullshit.

"Okay." Maybe they were right. What if she didn't need me? What if she didn't want me? What if she doesn't want what i want? But she does right..

__________________________________

I don't stay for much longer and leave with a quick goodbye and thank them again.

"You aren't what she needs, you'll only make her worse. I don't want to see you with her again." Her Uncle whispers.

I walk out slowly closing the door.

__________________________________

Thank you for reading!!