Part 20 - Mistake

(Anastasia's pov)

Arriving to the party i get out my car. I nearly slip and hope i haven't ruined my satin heels as once they have a scratch on you can never get it out.

I get out and realise i am on time with Gio who happened to make it at the same time as me.

I do a quick glance at my cherry red lipstick in my car mirror then walk towards him.

"That's a bit short."

"I love how you think i care."

"I don't care."

"It shows."

I blow him a kiss and strut my way in through the big double doors encountering many glances and winks from tipsy, dumb looking men.

"Hey sweetheart you wanna have some of this!" He says while gazing downwards.

"Yeah of course."

He looks around to his friends smug thinking i was actually going to do something with him.

My heels click to the floor. My hand reaching out grabbing the vodka bottle from his hand and downing half of it.

"Where's my prize sweetheart?"

I walk off still holding the vodka bottle.

Gio does not look happy. He's walking behind me like a lost puppy. It looks like he's babysitting me.

"Quinn's here why don't you go run along to him."

"I'm hanging with you."

"No you are following me like a creep."

I don't know why i'm so angry i'm probably starting my period soon.

He then disappears after what i said and now i feel guilty, slightly. I can drink in piece.

________________________________

I don't know how long it's been but everything has started to kick in. My head is spinning and my feet and kicking one another while trying to walk. I'm embarrassed to be with myself.

I sit down next to Bailee on this table. Not long later Gio and Quinn join.

Quinn takes Bailee by the hand and drags her onto the dance floor. I'm sure i heard her shout my name to 'help her' but i'm blocking out all the noise.

"How much have you drunk." Gio whisper shouts in my ear.

"Not enough." I yell not even realising.

"I think it's maybe been enough." He states

I shake my head side to side and nearly fall off the table.

"Careful." He grabs onto my hips. Hand around my waist he pulls me towards him, still sitting on this uncomfortable table.

"I think i may of drunk a bit."

"You think?" He says while still holding me by the waist.

"Come here." He pats his thigh.

I'm not a fucking dog. But i am drunk so i do what he says.

I jump off the table and sit on his lap. This was more comfier than that wooden table.

"Open."

What?

He takes a big mouthful of vodka. I open up my mouth. His hand lightly grips my neck just to tip it up more. His lips meet mine. Not just for a kiss but the cold liquid ran down my throat. I didn't move. I did the opposite. I chased his lips. I didn't pull back, i went deeper. The numb feeling still lingers in my mouth from the alcohol yet his lips soak in the sweet flavour.

Am i dreaming? I feel like i'm dreaming. My eyes are closed.

His hand was off my neck and now stroking the side of my waist. My core grew with heat. I didn't realise but i was rocking back and forth on his lap. What am i doing? This is my best friend?

I open my eyes and realise our lips that were locked together. My mind was not in the right place. I apologise and run out the house.

I need air.

I can't go home as i am meant to stay round Bailee's.

His lips.
His hand.
His touch.

It made me feel safe. I could live off his touch and his breath which rattled against my neck. I can't. He's my best friend.

Get it together.

I need to go back in.

After a couple more breathes i walk back through those big double doors, those men who wink, look me up and down, mutter to their friends but i don't care. The only thing on my mind right now.

Is Gio.

But it shouldn't be.