Cover - NR

'What do you mean by that?' I looked at Peter annoyed. Sometimes, he thinks so slowly.

'Exactly what I said.'

'You want to be my girlfriend?'

'Yeah, that way you won't be bullied anymore. They have some respect for me.'

'Can you do it for me?'

'Sure. It will help to keep all dicks away from me. Everyone gets profits.'

'Okay then.' I smiled warmly and gave him a hug. We pulled away when someone entered the room.

'Spidey, Tony's waiting for you in the lab.' He rushed out of my room without goodbye.

'See you tomorrow!' I shouted after him. 'What?' Natasha smirked, looking at me.

'You and Peter?'

'We're just friends, Nat.' I rolled my eyes at her question. 'Stop.' I threw the pillow at her before she closed the door and got out.

My mind drifted away on biology.
The whole school is talking about me, only because I kissed Peter on the cheek as a goodbye. I mean, that's something what I wanted, but people of our age are just super annoying when it comes to gossip, or it's just school. With this speed, information about our relationship will reach my dad sooner than I thought. I also feel a little guilty that I'm using Peter, but for my knowledge, he didn't get any hate comments today, so it's profit for him.

I felt sharp pain in my arm and looked at MJ, who's holding a pen in her hand.

'Aw, what are you...'

'Whole school talking about you two.' She cut me off. I forgot about this small detail. She will ask questions.

'And?' Play it cool.

'Are you kidding me?'

'No talking in class.' I heard, but ignore the teacher completely and shrug at girl next to me.

'Two days ago you told me that you think you like someone. Now you're dating Peter.'

'What a coincidence...' I whispered to myself. When I said to her that I like someone? Anyway. 'Look, MJ. I know how it looks, but it's not like that.' She sent me a serious face. 'I can't tell you what's going on, but I can promise that Peter and I are just friends. It'll never change.'

'Mhm.' She hummed and turned to blackboard. How I was supposed to tell her that I like my father's friend, without telling her. I can't also tell her that he's my cover or something, because she'll ask for details. I really don't want to talk about my love life. Fuck, why I need to be minor? It would be much easier if I had been in age. I can actually date my crush.

'Listen, he's all yours. I'm not interested.' Her expression told me that she didn't expect me to know about her crush. 'Come on, we don't know each other since yesterday, I see how you're looking at him.' The bell rang, and with our backpacks, we headed to the cafeteria. Our small talk was interrupted by Flash.

'I've been looking for you.' MJ walked away, leaving me with this dick.

'Don't even think about it.' I said and turned around to find my "boyfriend".

'What's with you and that loser, Parker?'

'Something that you're not intend into.'

'Come on. You're Stark. You need to have higher standards than him.' He placed his hand around my waist, and I quickly pushed him away.

'Touch me again, and you won't have hands.'

'That's my girl.' I saw one and only Tony Stark getting out of teenagers crowd.

'Dad, what are you doing here?' I asked in panic. He loves to be on the spot.

'I wonder when you wanted to tell me about your new love interest?' He pointed at Peter, and now I want to burry myself alive.

'Please, don't call him that. It's just...' I tried to come with a good excuse, but my mind stayed empty. Do I really need to come out in front of my whole school?

'Great, that way we will have a party tonight.'

'What?!'

'We have reason to celebrate, and you're coming with me. We have things to talk about.' We got out of the school and drove to home.

I was standing next to the bar with a glass of water in my hand. Looking back at the past two days, I see in how complicated situations I got myself, and it's only because Pepper almost found out I like Natasha. I took a deep breath. Is it actually really necessary? I mean, I can just say that I prefer women. I can skip the fact that my type are older women, who actually can be my mother, and the one I'm interested in now is dad's friend. Ugh, what a shit hole.

'Did Tony give you a lecture about keeping secrets from him?' My favorite person in the world approached me in tight, red dress. She looks too good to be real. 'Are we still on Earth?'

'Sorry, what did you say?' She chuckled at my behavior.

'Someone doesn't pay attention.' She bends more on the bar with her drink. Why are you testing my limits? It's already hard enough to focus on your face.

'You look beautiful in this dress.'

'You're not bad by yourself, kiddo.' I blushed at the compliment. 'Red on your cheeks, combine with black outfit.' Now, I probably look like tomato. 'You should say "thank you", when someone gives you a compliment.' She grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her.

'Thank you, Nat.'

'You're welcome. Have a nice party, Lovebird.' With that, she left. This woman drives me crazy. I looked at glass in front of me, how I ended up on a celebration party for my fake relationship?

'Hi.' Peter put his hand around my waist, and I smiled lightly to him. Because we're friends for a long time, it's not weird when he touches me "as a couple do," and I'm so glad for it. I could never pretend to be in relationship with a random dude. 'Wanna dance?' I looked at my dad, who's standing a few meters away with whiskey.

'Yeah, sure.' We went on a dancefloor when some slow song played. I rolled my eyes and put hands on his neck while he settled his on my hips. 'I'm so sorry for my dad.' I sway my hips to the music, leaning more on him. 'You know how he is.'

'You don't need to apologize.' My eyes met MJ.

'I want you to remember Peter that I'm not gonna block you from anything. If you find someone or just feel like you don't want to continue this, I will accept your decision. Zero bad blood.' He smiled thankfully at me. 'We're friends before anything else.' Music ended, and I dragged both of us away from the crowd. 'Here you go.' I place MJ's hand in his.

'What?' She looked at me, questioning.

'Peter owe you a dance, remember? Now is your turn.' I pushed them on the dancefloor happily. They really look good together. My legs took me away from party, on the roof.

I love view from here. All my troubles fading away every time. My eyes comprehend the sky. It's clean so I can see many stars. I heard footsteps and saw how Nat laying next to me.

'Shouldn't you party with your friends downstairs?' Our eyes met, and I immediately turned the other way.

'Maybe it's just not what I want to do now.'

'I can imagine. You probably want to spend some time with Peter without so many people around you.' I sighed, not exactly. 'Hey, look at me.' I sit down after her. 'I know this face. What's going on?' I looked her deep in the eyes, and my gaze for a second dropped on her lips.

'Like you said, I prefer to spend some time with Peter, not on party.' I stood up before I will do something I'm gonna regret. Why do I want to kiss you so badly? You're twice my age.

'You know I'm trained spy and I can see you're lying?' She said without changing her position, so I stopped in the middle way to the elevator. If you're that good, why don't you see how I look at you... Or you don't want to see.

'You know, Nat. Sometimes, we can't have what we want. That's how life works.' I went back to a party with promise that she will never discover I have feelings for her.

22.08.2023