Valentine's Day

'14th February. Lovely day, isn't it?' I heard my mother in the kitchen, already hating this day.

'Morning.' I mumbled, pouring myself some water to the glass.

'Good morning, Honey.' I watched how my mothers lovingly smiled to each other, cooking breakfast and wave of sadness hit me. 'Any plans for today?'

'Not really.' I sighed, trying my best to stay positive. 'You're going on a dinner?'

'Yeah, we've planned whole afternoon.' Wanda smiled, flipping pancakes, while Natasha walked to me, smiling sadly.

'If you want, we can stay home. Watch something with a tone of ice cream and blankets.' She soothed my back, but I only shaked my head on the sides.

'I'm good. You should enjoy your free time together.' I walked out of the kitchen, heading to my room. Ingrid rushed past me in excitement, and I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

'Do you know what's going on with your sister?' Mom asked with so much concern in her voice, making me stop in the track.

'Nope, she didn't tell me.' Ingrid lied through her teeth, which I know my mothers realized, but they won't push it. I asked her not to say anything, and I'm glad she kept her promise.

The truth is my lovely girlfriend flew away almost five weeks ago. Carol went to visit her long-distance family and to attend to her cousin wedding. I don't know why it takes so long, but I really want to see her in person again. Of course, we message and talk every day, but it's not the same. Also, last week was very busy, we didn't have time to facetime or call each other. I just miss her so much. I'm not scared that she's gonna cheat on me or anything. I just want to give her a hug and hold the world in my arms for a second.

The worst part of her "family trip" is that we won't see each other today. In my opinion you should appreciate your partner every day, not just on special occasions. But Carol, on the other hand, loves Valentine's Day. She thinks it's so cute that everyone is full of love and they show it to the world. Now I can't even do that for her.

After really late lunch, my moms started getting ready, and I just watched TV with my sister.

'Carol didn't call?' Ingrid took her eyes off the television while I was still blankly looking at the screen.

'Nope, she's busy.' She sighed in understatement.

'Maybe you should talk with mom.' 'No.' I hissed quickly. I'm aware that they're worried about me. If they'd act like me, I'd be worried too, but I just don't want them to know. It's stupid cause I have two mothers so they'll understand I don't like boys. But I don't want to do it without Carol. It feels wrong. I checked my phone for a hundredth time to find nothing. She's busy, right? Yeah.

'How do I look?' Our heads snapped to Natasha behind us. She was wearing stunning indigo suit with black shirt under it.

'Ehh, been better.' If the gaze could kill... Ingrid quickly chuckled nervously. 'I'm kidding. You look great.'

'Not like mom care about it anyway.' I added, rolling eyes.

'That's true. You look good in everything, Darling.' Wanda came to the rescue, hugging her wife from behind.

'You look gorgeous.' They kissed, and I went back to watching TV. 'We're be back late, so you can order something or if you want, there's leftovers in the fridge.' I waved at them while they walked out of the house.

'Do you want to bake something?' I looked at Ingrid in surprise.

'Shouldn't you get ready for your date with another moron?' I shrugged cause it's not normal for her to be alone on Valentine's Day. Also, Ingrid is kind of a playboy. She's flirting with a bunch of idiots all the time. I just can't believe she wants to spend this day with grumpy me.