Soulmate - CD

Narrator's pov...
'It's good to see you again, Captain.' Avengers welcomed Danvers in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s headquaters. 'How's life going?'

'It's oddly peaceful. Like everyone in the universe stopped fighting.' She send warm smile to Fury. It's not common for her to visit Earth, so everyone is excited to spend some time with old friend.

'Bless them for that. We can see each other again.' Rogers shakes her hand, walking to the living room.

'Okay, okay, but something change except the amount of saved life?' Stark asked playfully after their spent some time chatting on the couch.

'What exactly do you mean?' Carol asked, confused.

'Your soulmate. Did you match your song with someone?'

'Not yet.' She said sadly. She was alone for so long that most of hope died.

'Maybe we can help you.' Natasha said cheerfully. 'What's the song?'

'It goes... Cold bones, yeah, that's my love. She hides away, like a ghost. Uuuu, does she know that we bleed the same? Uuuu Don't wanna cry, but I broke that way.' She sang quietly.

'It's a girl?' Danvers nodded in response. 'That's something.'

'I don't know anyone who knows this song.' She shrugged at the statement. After many planets she visited, and with her luck, her soulmate can just not exist. Universe could just prank her.

'Did you hear that?' Wanda asked, catching everyones attention. 'Cold sheets, but where's my love?' Carol looks at her weirdly.

'What...'

'Mister Stark, your prisoner began to sing.' AI announced and every head snapped to television, which show view from the cell.

'Play it louder, Jarvis.'

'Did she run away, I don't know. But if she run away, if she run away, come find home. Just find home.' Everyone looks at each others shocked face. This is unexpected.

'She got a voice.' Stark remark interrupted the silence. You couldn't disagree. She sings like an angel.

'Maybe we...'

'Who's this?' Danvers looks one more time on the camera, showing a girl in the cell, sitting on the floor next to bed.

'We caught her on one mission. She was sent to kill Bucky.' Tony pointed at Barnes with beer. Carol sent him a questioning look at which he raised eyebrows.

'She works with Hydra.' Captain shows him to keep going. 'We found her on one mission years ago when we infiltrated some company. As the only person who fought with Winter Soldier, back then, she impressed them, and they decided to take her.' Bucky took a sip of his beer ending the story. That wasn't the most happy memories to remember.

'How old was she?'

'Around twelve, maybe. But don't get your hopes high. She doesn't remember anything!' He shouts while a woman got out of the room to meet lost soul.

'I got a fear, oh in my blood. She was carried up into the clouds, high above. Uuuu If you're bled, I bleed the same.' Angelic voice vibrates in the air.

'If you're scared, I'm on my way.' She entered the room carefully to not scared pale girl. Carol singing was met with a shocked face and even more scared eyes.

'Did you run away?'

'Did I run away?'

'I don't need to know. But if you run away...'