Fight

⚠️ This chapter includes a talk about SEXUAL HARASSMENT and scene decription, please don't read if you're uncomfortable or sensitive for this topic. ⚠️

I walked to school in a very bad mood. Not mentioning how I didn't sleep the whole night, my mother and I got into a fight about something stupid. I'm overall irritated and mad. It's one of these days when I need to unwind it somehow. Maybe I'll go to the gym later.

Carol wrapped her hands around me, giving me a side hug while I was putting books to my locker.

'Hi.' She greeted me with sweet voice, smiling widely.

'Hi, sweetheart.' I smiled lightly, hidding my anger. I know that you should be honest in relation, but it's nothing important, so I'm just gonna remain silent today. 'How you feeling today?'

'Fine. I'm just a little tired cause I was preparing for biology.' She pouted cutely, and I smiled, grabbing her sides.

'You're gonna crash it. I'll see you later.' I gave her little squeeze before heading to my classes.

On the way, I was stopped by Ingrid. 'Hey!' She grabbed my arm, dragging me on the side of the corridor. 'What was that?'

'What are you talking about?' I asked slightly annoyed, but didn't show anything.

'Your argument with mom in the morning or how you treated Carol a moment ago?' She asked, worried. 'What's going on?'

'Nothing.'

'You were never that cold towards Carol.' She looked at me seriously, but instead of trying to explain myself, I noticed how she was peeking behind me, searching for something.

'You're okay?' I wanted to turn around, but she stopped me.

'Don't change the topic.' Bell rang, and after quick goodbyes, we skipped to our classes with a plan to meet at the long break.

My mind was somewhere else. I was thinking about my argument with mothers. They understand so much, talk with us about everything, and overall show us way more love than I can imagine. Unfortunately, life's not perfect, and I snapped on Natasha today. She told me to "lose that attitude," and to our surprise, I talked back even more, pointing at her past. Then I walked out, shouting doors behind me. I repeat the whole situation over and over in my head. I really don't know why I did this. I mean, I never acted like that, and I feel awful. If I thought I felt bad before, now it's worse.

On lunch break, I walked into the canteen, looking for Ingrid, but she was nowhere to find. I decided to sit in my usual place and wait for her.

'Hi, beautiful.' Carol pulled me out of my head by kissing my chick.

'Hi.' I sent her half smile, still looking at the doors.

'Are you waiting for someone?' At the same time, my sister walked to the room with few friends. I specifically focused on a boy who has hands wrapped around her waist, but she's not looking very happy. They sat in the corner, where I had a perfect view for them. 'Are you ignoring me?' My eyes land on Carol.

'What? No, why do you think so?' I said quickly, grabbing her hand.

'You didn't give me kiss today, and when I talk to you, you're just ignoring my questions.'

'Sorry, sweetheart. It's family things.' I squeezed her hand, turning to Ingrid again. She moved away from that boy, but he forcefully grabbed her back. I clenched my fists.

'Something with Ingrid?' I know that Carol tries to help me, but I don't want to involve her in the whole thing. My eyes were still fixated on pair in the corner. They stand up and get out from the canteen. 'What are you...' Without explanation, I followed them. Maybe I'm overprotective, but my intuition screams to react.