4

Opening the Daycare doors, you both enter and you can see how big and colorful the place is. You also see most of the kids crowded around something. Vanessa takes your attention away and directs you to the monitors behind the desk. Following her to them, you can't help but look back at the kids. What are they doing? Where's that animatronic? Looking around, you see more kids at a table coloring with others in the play structures.

"Cleaning Sundrop is very important at the end. We've had problems in the past when staff has skipped that and the gears in Sun have...stalled on him," Vanessa began but you didn't seem to be paying attention. You just wanted to find this robot that you'd be working with.

"Y/N,' Vanessa began, driving you from your thoughts. You turn your head towards her and just look at her with question. "Did you hear me?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry. I want to see who this animatronic is but I don't seem to see it," you reply as you scratch the back of your head. Rolling her eyes, Vanessa continues to go through everything that you'll need to know but you are still fixated on finding this 'Sundrop' animatronic but you still keep your ears open to listen to Vanessa.

"Alright children. Naptime," you hear a joyful, mechanical voice spring out from the laughter of the kids. Vanessa pearing up from the monitors, she can see the kids disperse from the big group huddle. Looking at them, you can see a copper and yellowish orange animatronic stand from the ground. Little sunrays sprout from its head and you think that's where the name 'Sun' came from. As it came to a stand, it's back is turned towards you so you are unable to see its face. More children crowd around the robot and the robot seemed to head towards a little corner. Watching it as the children follow, you can see the bot grab blankets and pillows. You watch as it lays them down for all the children and watch as all the kids take their place and lay down. Not sure if the kids will fall asleep almost immediately or not, you make your way to a small bookshelf, grab a book, that you had read with your mother at a young age, and made your way towards the children before coming to a sit. The robot, being surprised by this action, watches you carefully.

"There was once a little black puppy," you began as you read the book. The children smiled as their eyes grew heavy. By page 4, they were all asleep. Standing, you walk back to the bookshelf and put the book back.

"Hoo hoo. New friend that was wonderful," you hear behind you. You turn to see the robot bent over to your height. (You are 5'4 whereas Sun is 7'8)

"Thank you," you reply in discomfort.

"Oh sorry, friend. I didn't mean to cause any discomfort," the animatronic began as it stood fully. You just look at it in astonishment. Holy he's tall.

"Sundrop. This is Y/N. They're going to be working with you starting tomorrow," Vanessa butt in. You turn towards Vanessa trying to register what she had just said. I-I got the job? You turn back towards the Sun animatronic and you can see that his rays were out more and his hands were up by his lit up face.

"Oh my! A new partner. Hoo joy. We'llhavesomuchfun. Wecanplaywithglittergluea-a-andgooglyeyes," he began but his rambling continued. You want to stop him but Vanessa puts a hand on your right shoulder as if telling you to just let him.

Closing time came by, quickly, to the Daycare and all the kids' parents came by to pick them up.

"Bye kids! See you all tomorrow," Sundrop waved with excitement as he watched the kids leave. Watching as the animatronic cleans up the Daycare, you walk over to a small counter full of drawers, finding a rag and soon pouring cleaner onto it, you head towards him as you see glitter glue stuck on him. Looking up, he notices your movement.

"It's so great to have a new partner! What shall we do tomorrow? Glitter glue? Googly eyes," Sun began with question. Here we go again. Holding your left hand out waiting for him, you notice the blue in his eyes. Just like your poster out there. They're nice. A little pop of color. Giving you his arm, you begin to rub the rag over the metal.

"Sorry if I seemed a bit..cheerful earlier. That's my programming as I am a Daycare attendant. I have to be cheerful for the kids," Sun began, ending with a smile.

"No worries. I've been around others like that in the past," you reply. Sitting in silence for a bit, you continue to clean the bot. Man, the kids got you real well. Is this what it's like most of the time? Once he is all clean, you make your way to the play structures. Crawling through them, you clean the tubes and mat areas.

"I heard you worked here before,' Sun began as he popped in front of you, almost giving you a heart attack. Panting as you try to catch your breath as he pretty much scared you, he tilts his head as he tries to 'read' you. 'You were a security guard?"

"News spreads fast here huh? Not just between humans but bots too," you question as you continue to clean the play structure. Smiling in agreement, he crawls back, out of the structure. Why is that in his programming? Climbing in the structures. Seriously?!

__________________________________

Hey everyone. Another chapter done. I know this is going to sound weird but I have a few 'conflicting' parts already written out as I had them planned out in my head before I started writing this. Uuuhhhm...Sunny is sooo cute...I want him to be real. Moon too. 😩 See you all soon