I Want To Stay Here

Ever the good samaritan, Hiyori didn't hesitate to say yes when Miss Shiraki asked her to drop off some papers at the student council room. But maybe she had some ulterior motive, too; lately, she'd been trying to stay as busy as she could whenever she could.

The door of the student council room was open just a crack, but the lights were off. Holding the papers to her chest, Hiyori stood there, hesitating. If the lights were off, the room was probably empty. But then why was the door open?

When she finally decided to knock, no one answered. Which meant no one was there to let her in. Which meant she would have to go inside without permission. Wasn't that some kind of crime?

It's probably already obvious, but Hiyori Kato is very much an over-thinker.

"Hiyori?" She perked at the familiar voice. "What's wrong? You look like you're in the middle of a moral conflict."

As Yuki approached her, she beamed. "Your timing is miraculous, Yuki! Miss Shiraki asked me to drop off these papers, but I didn't want to barge in and it doesn't look like anyone's here."

He blinked. "Huh? But the door's open..." It seemed like the answer struck him a few seconds later. He sighed. "That idiot. I bet he forgot to lock up before he left." As Hiyori smiled cluelessly, he turned to open the door. "Well, come on in."

"Thanks!"

He switched on the lights as he led her inside. Hiyori had never been inside the student council room before, but something about it was...impressive. Yuki spent so much of his time here lately; sometimes she forgot that he hadn't wanted to be Student Council President in the first place. He was doing such a good job, just like she knew he would.

"Is it alright if I just leave them here on the table?"

"Sure." He smiled. "I'll get them taken care of -- "

A sudden shout of terror had Hiyori squealing at the top of her lungs. Yuki, on the other hand, didn't so much as flinch. Instead, he glanced at the small dark room in the corner of the office.

"Seriously?" He deadpanned.

"Yun-Yun?! Is that you?!" A tall brunet poked his head out from the room. Hiyori tensed. "Why'd you let me fall asleep -- ?"

His eyes met Hiyori's. He paused.

Yuki frowned at him. "Don't act like it's my fault that you take naps at school."

"...Sorry!" Tilting her head, Hiyori smiled. "I didn't mean to interrupt; I just had some things to drop off." She turned back to Yuki. "Thanks again, Yuki! I'll see you later?"

He watched her turn to leave, still smiling as she went. "Yeah, see you..."

These days, Hiyori's sudden changes in demeanor were more frequent. They were still subtle as ever, but having known her for as long as he had, Yuki couldn't miss them if he tried. He noticed how quick she was to leave all of a sudden, and he noticed how she smiled the way she would whenever she was keeping something to herself.

He turned to glance at his vice president again. Even though she was long gone, Kakeru was still staring at the doorway through which she left. But when he noticed Yuki's eyes on him, he grinned.

"Admiring the view, Yun-Yun? Can't blame ya," Sparkling dramatically, he swept one hand through his brown hair. "Looks like mine are hard to come by."

"...The way your mind works is a mystery to me."

~🦋~

Cleaning dishes with Tohru and Yuki, Hiyori sighed in delight. "I can't believe we're finally done with finals! It feels so great!"