Chapter 37

"EVION, HOW are you and your girlfriend?"

Natahimik si Evion sa simpleng tinanong ni Wician at pilit na ngumiti sa nag-iisang pamilya na meron siya. She wanted to say everything that has happened to let her pain out, but she will definitely break down the moment she try to tell her the incident.

Wician's life was unbearable enough, to not hear from her wife since she came back in the Philippines, alone. She wanted to tell her the excruciating pain that she's going through, but, she'd rather keep everything to herself.

"It's fine." Simpleng sagot niya at pilit na ngumiti rito. Ngayon ang graduation ng kapatid niya.

She's so proud of her sister, as she graduated as the Summa Cum Laude of their batch, with the program Aeronautical Engineering. Siya ang umakyat ng stage kasama ito. At, masaya siya para sa kapatid niya dahil saktong ngayong araw bumalik na rin ang asawa nito.

Wician never knew that Evion is already married. She didn't know her pain. But, she is indeed happy for her sister. Alam ni Evion na nasa mabuting kalagayan na ngayon si Wician. Seeing her happy is enough for her to stop watching over her.

"It's been awhile, Caliah." Bati ni Evion nang makita ang asawa ng kapatid niya. Walang buhay siya nitong tinignan. "Take care of her very well, hmm?"

"Of course, Sullivan." Nakita niyang nakatitig ito kay Wician habang may maliit na ngiti sa mga labi. "I couldn't ask for more. Wician deserves what is best."

"How does it feel, Caliah?"

"What?"

"To leave someone without a good bye?" She randomly asked while staring at the night sky once more.

"It is excruciating." Rinig niya ang pagbuntong-hininga nito. "Sometimes, people needs to leave without a word because it will be much agonizing for the both. It is not easy. But, it is beyond cruel to leave someone hanging... alone... in deep pain."

She smiled bitterly as she heard those words from her friend. Iniisip niya, ano ba ang naramdaman ni Polaris nung iniwan niya si Evion? She was left alone, trying to cling onto the life that she never want to live in, if it's not for her wife.

"Don't leave again, okay?" She tapped Caliah's shoulder.

"That is the last." Paglilinaw nito at hinarap siya. Those gorgeous hazel eyes stared at her with a nonchalant expression. "Did someone leave you?"

Yes. There is someone.

Hindi na siya sumagot at nagkibit-balikat na lang. Ayaw niyang magsabi at mas pinipili niya na lang na manahimik.

Si Evion naman ang lumapit kay Wician at sandali itong kinausap bago siya umalis. She can finally stop guarding her. Nakahinga na siya nang maluwag. Evion was with Wician for the past weeks because she knows how devastated Wician is, but the latter didn't know her pain.

"You cannot lie to me, Evion." Wician whispered when she turned her back on her.

Nilingon niya ang kapatid at pilit na ngumiti rito. "Enjoy your life, Wician. I am proud of you." Ang huling sinabi niya, bago pinanood ang kapatid na sumama sa asawa nito kung saan silang dalawa ay masaya.

It is a good bye.

The both of them are happy, while she... she's hoping to get ahold of that happiness again.

There's a huge void inside her that cannot be filled by anyone, other than her wife.

Maayos na ang lahat, sa tingin niya. She destroyed the Organization, she fixed every mess, but she's the only mess that can never be fixed. Hindi niya alam kung saan ulit siya magsisimula. She feels lost where she can never be found.