~One~

A/N this first part is in the third person.

Mason, Ariana's brother was nervously shuffling through the halls. His eyes locked on the ground and his feet moving at an incredulous pace. He was going to be safe.. Or that's what he thought.

Those black, beaten up boots appeared in front of the timid boy. He couldn't look up. Those piercings and tattoos frightened him. He couldn't possibly make eye contact with the punk. Nobody could.

Mason took a hesitant step backwards and tried to change his path to successfully maneuver around the punk without coming into contact with him.

Once again the black boots appeared in front of him and he inhaled a shaky breath. 'Why is he not moving on to someone else? There's plenty of people in these halls. Why me?' Mason thought.

Mason's shoulder felt slight pressure being applied as he was shoved backwards. Then it hit him. Literally. The mysterious punk had slammed his fist into Mason's pale face.

He let out a cry of pain and accidentally made eye contact with Luke. Luke Hemmings was known to everyone as the punk. Everyone avoided eye contact with Luke. If anyone looked into those blue eyes they would be beaten up by Luke himself.

Nobody understood why Luke didn't appreciate any attention. They didn't ask because guess what? They would be beaten up. 

Only a few people have made the mistake of talking to Luke or looking at him but now they have learnt not to. Luke had three friends and they were just the same as him.

Ashton Irwin,

Michael Clifford and

Calum Hood.

Each of the boys have inked skin and pierced features. They weren't as feared as Luke was but they would occasionally help Luke to fight his battles.

~

Mason's brown eyes shot open and realised he was lying on the uncomfortable bed in the nurses office. He knew his exact location because of the numerous times he had been in here and the strong smell of disinfectant and hand sanitiser.

Where was Tom when he needed him?

Mason could think of hundreds of names for his friends because he actually had a lot of friends but they all seemed to disappear when Luke would appear.

Mason wanted to be able to stand up to Luke but nobody had done that before. Luke was already 16 whilst Mason was still 2 months away.