~Eighteen~

Ariana's POV

~One week later ~

Mason and Ellie just left for their first date. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them but seriously.. My brother and my best friend! Why couldn't she date someone else?

"Ariana, can you help me with the groceries?" Mum called from the front door.

I rushed outside and began to lift shopping bags out of the car and hurried back inside to take each one in and to also take less time because I hate bringing the groceries in. Mason usually does it but he can't.

"Eleanor and Mason, huh?" I rolled my eyes and threw my head back which hit the back of the couch.

The doorbell chimed and I shot up from the couch to answer it since my mum had gone upstairs, probably to rest after having a long day at work.

"Uh- Jack?" Why is Luke's brother here?

"Why are you ignoring Luke?" I bit my lip and closed the front door and dragged him over to the bench in front of our house.

"The poor guy is a mess! He's skipping school, crying, and he is being a complete asshole too everyone!" I sighed at the description of my best friend.

"I'm sorry Jack- we argued about a month ago and his last text told me to stop talking to him. Tell him that I'm still here, but I haven't been ignoring him because he hasn't made any effort to speak to me" I shrugged and watched him nod and begin to walk away.

I walked back inside the house and bit my lip. He said some horrible things and expects me to make an effort to speak to him first.

My eyes filled with tears as I fell back onto the couch and curled up into a ball and kept switching the channel that was on the tv. Nothing was getting my mind off Luke.

Being away from him is only strengthening my affection towards him but its getting harder to hide my feelings. Its been a few months since we first became friends and I have already fallen for him.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I quickly unlocked it to see a text message from Tess the girl who's jealous about me and Luke being best friends.

From:Tess..
Luke and I are dating now, so I can tell you what to do! STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

Luke and Tess? Dating? He knows how much I hate her, how could he?

I guess he never actually liked me in that way..