Conspicuous apprehension

The class ended, Pr. Vinogradova said her exam will be on the next weekend so everyone had to get ready with their tiny projects. Wyatt was packing his things when Lauren was still enjoying her music through an ear bud she used all the while during the course thanks to her position she was able to not be caught by the owl lady. Wyatt was impressed and couldn't help but ask how she did but she just said it was talent. He rolled his eyes as he turned to Matthew. The Alligator had a stressed expression. He packed his stuff in a hurry and only said "Practice, see you at the party" with that he left. Lauren was a bit upset.

Lauren: "what happened to the sweet polite 'gator? "

Wyatt: "I dunno...okay we should get going, we still got things to buy....we will probably need a ride"

Lauren: "I was willing to have a great walk with you but a ride with your sexy chauffeur is fine by me"

Wyatt turned to her with a grin.

Wyatt: "Then we will walk"

Lauren: "you are a dumbass i hope you know that, just a reminder"

Wyatt: "yeah sure. Where's that store you talked about?"

Lauren: "hm wait, let me check on the map"

She took out her phone and went for the geomap and typed the name of the little shop. It appeared around 10 blocks from here a bit around the center of town.

Lauren: "Well...I guess we will need a ride, ain't no way we walk all that"

Wyatt looked at her phone and frowned.

Wyatt: "hm. Okay"

Wyatt took his phone out and launched a call to his father. It rang for a bit before a voice made its way through it.

Wyatt: "Hey Dad...hi...hm are you too busy right now"

The voice on the other side was a bit rapsed.

Liam: "hey Kiddo, huh what's the matter? "

Wyatt: "I need a ride, want to buy things in the center town with Lauren"

Liam: "hm...(*mumbling on the other side of the phone*) Okay, I sent Cassius to fetch you. You still at school?"

Wyatt: "yeah. By the way, you read the text I sent you two days ago?"

Liam was silent for a second then he sighed.

Liam: "I'm sorry Wyatt I di-"

Wyatt: "it's fine. You were busy...I got that quite right."

Liam: "Don't be like that"

Wyatt: "like what? Just said what is. You were busy, doing work stuff. Can't blame you for not answering to your son"

Liam was silent, guilt palpable.

Liam: "what was that text about?"

Wyatt: "Since you're not home. I was willing to have friends over for the weekend if that's not too much to ask, dad"

Liam: "(*sighing*) Wyatt...I am sorry...I (*silence*)Things are just a bit crazy here "

Wyatt: "Dad, I got it. (*sighing while pinching his eyes that was watering a bit*) you have important stuff to do now, right? I will text you tomorrow. Oh and I will go to a party tonight, if that interests you"

Liam: "Wyatt! Stop! (*sigh*) I got it you are upset but don't lash out on me I am your father"

Wyatt: "Sorry...wasn't my intention....(*lying*)Bye dad"