Sleeping is...hard

Wyatt stared blankly down as he was standing under the shower. The warm water running on his body and relaxing his body. But...his mind was busy, drowning even under the thoughts. He closed his eyes and breathed slowly, it allowed him to reach somekind of enhanced perception. He could hear the water flowing out, he could hear the small buzz noise from the lamp. He could hear his own heartbeat. He focused and tried to sort his thoughts. He could have images of that day, few minutes before the end.

~

The car was waiting at a traffic light, today was a great day and Liam was really proud and so was Elsa his wife. Jack was having an interview at the Benrickson Academy for Bioengineering and Advanced Sciences. It was the most competent school for those who aspired to work in the field of technology. Only equal to RASAC Tech school, this university was in the another state, so they had to make a small journey just for the interview and it was splendid. Jack amazed the Headmaster with his knowledge and skills and of course his young age.

The fact that he was also the son of one of the greatest mind of the country and of a great talented author, made it seem as good genes passed on. Jack was a genius, his skills were mostly in logic and problem solving which allowed him to be brilliant in maths and all subjects that required understanding of a problem and resolution by equations. He also had a good liking in sports especially Baseball, and he was socially smart which allowed him to blend in pretty easily amongst kids his age and older people than him.

He was really happy that he could win the interview and was jolting in the car which was definitely something a child his age would do. Wyatt was not understanding all that was happening or why his brother was so happy but his brother being happy was enough to make him happy too. Liam spoke as the light went green.

Liam: "So how about we go where you want as a reward champ? Where do you wanna go?"

Elsa: "Honey isn't it a bit late to go out?"

Liam: "nah it's fine, the kid just nailed an interview seniors of high-school would have issues with. I think we can have an exception tonight huh what do you say love"

Elsa: "Don't bark if he is too tired to wake up for school tomorrow then"

Liam: "I don't bark, I'm offended"

He chuckled and his wife soon followed as she placed her hand on his leg.

Elsa: "I do remember you barking though"

She grinned before chuckling with her other hand covering her muzzle shyly. Liam was flustered and his tail tensed on the seat.

Liam: "Anyway...where you wanna go champ?"

Jack took his time to think before saying enthusiastically.

Jack: "Can we go at the Season please? "

He looked very eager to hear the answer as he leaned forward a bit while thumping his feet down joyfully. Liam took a glance through the mirror and replied.

Liam: "a fast food? You sure? You know we can go anywhere, right?"

Jack: "I know, but i want the Season and Wyatt likes that too"

Wyatt: "yeah...(*stomach growling*) I'm starving "

Jack: "Don't worry, we will eat soon okay?"

Jack smiled at Wyatt and the later went for a hug that's when they heard their mother scream and the car suddenly drifting and Jack pushing Wyatt. Wyatt couldn't comprehend anything as it was going too fast, the only thing he knows it's that his body was being projected hard on the door on his side, his head smashing against the window knocking him out.