Heck of a party III: The words we trust

Dancing between a foggy sentiment of consciousness and the heaviness of a darkness, Wyatt was unable to know what was happening around him. His thoughts were driven to the alligator.

After a while floating in his loud mind, speaking words he never said, he felt a touch. It wasn't warm, or more likely he couldn't feel it. But somehow he trusted it. It was absent of all traces of malice, it was gentle, safe.

There was somekind of faint echo in this darkness, a voice of sort at the end of this obscure tunnel. A light, exploding in the void. Casting away all the cold and fear. Just a voice, sweet as honey yet strong as whisky. Wyatt squinted his eyes open and had a blurry sight of the owner of this light.

Despite the obvious effects of his drowsiness, his tail wagged weakly. He felt a gentle brush on his face, a hand bigger than his head. Again the soft voice. "Wya..." He couldn't listen well but managed to mumble "Matthew..."

Matthew: "It's okay buddy, take your time"

The shepherd was helped to sit, mostly putting his weight on the arm of the gator that kneeling to help him. He held his head in pain...it felt heavy. The gator quickly brought a bottle of water to his lips.

Matthew: "Drink slowly, it will help"

The shepherd didn't hesitate and slowly gulped down the fresh liquid, rejuvenating his dry throat. After taking a long sip, he was helped by the gator to bring the bottle down. Matthew was speaking slowly but he was really scared for Wyatt. The latter had quite a hard time understanding the situation. He turned his head to face the gator, tears shedding. He was crying but made no sound, the sudden realization of what happened.
Matthew pulled him gently into a hug, patting his head softly to calm him down. "It's okay, I'm here Wyatt, it's okay..." The shepherd dug his face in the chest of the gator, his tears wiped partially by the shirt of Matthew. The latter patted the shepherd back, rubbing it up and down in motion. He tried his best to comfort his friend and relieve him from his pain.

The shepherd mumbled through the pecs of Matthew "Th....k....u" the gator shush him with a gentle rub on his shoulder with his thumb. His hand going to the back of the shepherd again. Matthew had a sudden feel on his fingers, he felt something underneath the fur of Wyatt's back, scars...they were huge but not too deep, they seemed old as it was barely noticeable and invisible with all the fur that grew back. Matthew wanted to ask about it but decided it was not really the moment.

Wyatt finally pulled away and sniffed, Matthew looked at him with concern but the same concern drew on Wyatt's face. His eyes widened, the gator had some bruises on his face, and a faint nose bleed. Matthew understood the situation and quickly reassure Wyatt with a big smile.

Matthew: "Don't worry, you should see the other guy"

Wyatt: "I'm...sorry"

Matthew: "You have nothing to be sorry about, if anything I should be asking for that...I wasn't there soon enough..."

Wyatt: "it's...fine. I'm not bruised or anything, I just feel heavy..."

Matthew: "You're drunk?"

Wyatt: "I...no? Well not that much"

Matthew got closer to Wyatt's face and the later got flustered.

Wyatt: "Wh-what are you doing?"

Matthew held Wyatt's face and looked at him in the eyes deeply.

Matthew: "Fucking bastard, I should have knocked him harder...you were drugged"

Wyatt: "what?!"

Matthew: "He might have put something in your drink when you were not looking...your pupils are dilated and your eyes are slightly bloodshot"