The youngest Maximoff (WM) 🧸

Y/N: 6 years old
Wanda: 18 years old
Story: Wanda and her little sister move to the compound, though Wanda has to tell her little sister about their brother's death...
——————————————————

WANDA'S POV
Y/N was only a newborn when the tragic accident happened and our parents died. Six years later we're moving to the Avengers compound... without another member of our family, my twin brother Pietro. It's been two weeks since he died and I still haven't told Y/N about it. I just don't know how. How do I tell a 6 year old that her brother will never come back?

"We'll be living here now?" Y/N asks with sparks in her eyes, watching the huge building in front of us.

"It's cool right?" I chuckle when I see her staring at the building with her mouth opened.

"It's so cool!" She squeals excitedly. "Pietro is there?" She asks, pointing at the building. I sigh, trying to stay strong for her and lift her up, sitting her on my hip. She's been in hiding the entire time, she has no idea what happened.

"I have to tell you something, sweetheart. We'll take our stuff in and then we'll have a little talk, okay?" I ask carefully, receiving a nod from my little sister. I take the one bag we have as we don't really have much stuff and walk towards the front door.

Y/N cuddles up to me as I carry her and the bag inside. We're greeted by Stark and Steve who are discussing something.

"There you are" Steve gives me a smile. I told him and Stark about Y/N. I'm not sure if they told the others or not, but I told these two as I need to take care of Y/N. "This is her?"

"Yeah" I nod. "This is my sister Y/N" I smile, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Honey, this is Steve and Tony" I tell her, pointing at the boys.

"Hi" Y/N mumbles shyly before hiding her head into the crock of my neck. She's always very shy when it comes to meeting new people.

"I'll show you your room" Steve smiles. I follow him through the compound with Y/N in my arms, playing with my hair. "I wasn't sure if you'd like to keep her with you or not, so that room is free to become Y/N's room" Steve says, pointing at the room next to mine.

"Thanks" I smile back at him.

"Okay. We're having dinner in an hour, so you two are welcomed to join" He smiles. I thank him again before walking into my new room. Y/N looks around, mumbling about how cool and big the room is. I place our bag on the ground and sit Y/N on the bed.

"Where's Pietro's room? Can we go and say hi to him?" Y/N asks sweetly on which I sigh and sit on the bed next to her.

"Honey, I need to tell you something about Pietro" I start. I have to be gentle with her, but I just have no idea how. Y/N looks at me with her big green eyes, waiting for me to speak. "Y/N/N... Pietro won't be living here with us"

"Why?" She tilts her head in confusion. I take a deep breath before continuing.

"Because... he's not here with us anymore, sweetheart" I sigh, pushing back my tears.

"Call him to come" She says, her bottom lip trembling and her eyes filling with tears.

"I can't, honey" I whisper, a few tears escaping my eyes. "He's with mama and papa now... up there" I point up with my finger on which Y/N bursts into tears immediately. "I know, honey. I'm so sorry" I sigh, also letting my tears run. I take Y/N into my arms, rubbing her back and rocking her back and forth while placing kisses on her forehead as an attempt to calm her down.

"I want him to be here" She cries out into my neck.

"I know, my little monkey. Me too" I tell her, kissing her cheek.