First school day (NR) 🧸

sj0hanss0n

Y/N: 5 years old——————————————————

Y/N: 5 years old
——————————————————

NO ONE'S POV
It's Y/N's first ever school day today and Natasha has been super excited for her little one to start school, especially when Y/N's in her classroom. It's not a coincidence though. Natasha made sure Y/N would be in her class as the little one has quite a problem staying with anyone other than her mommy.

The tiny girl has never spent a day without the redhead. Her father left before she was even born, so Natasha's the only parent Y/N has. And Natasha's parents live in Ohio which is quite a way from New York, so they can't babysit Y/N either.

Well, and Natasha's younger sister is the only one Y/N stays without Natasha if it's necessary. But knowing how irresponsible her sister can be, Natasha doesn't use Yelena's babysitting services very often.

"Wakey, wakey, sweetheart" Natasha smiles, sitting down on Y/N's bed and running her fingers through her daughter's hair.

"Mama" Y/N whines, turning her back at her mother. "Sleepy" She mumbles, tightening her grip over her teddy bear.

"I guess I gotta go to school alone then" Natasha teases, poking Y/N's side which makes the little one squeal.

Y/N sits up, rubbing her tired eyes and doing grabby hands towards Natasha on which the redhead smiles and sits Y/N on her lap, giving her daughter a cuddle.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Natasha asks, kissing the top of Y/N's head.

"Mhm" The little girl just nods and snuggles up to her mommy who stands up and carries her to the kitchen for breakfast. "Can we have peanut butter sandwiches?" Y/N mumbles.

"Is that even a question?" Natasha asks playfully, lifting a plate full of peanut butter sandwiches she prepared before she went to wake Y/N up.

"Mommy, you are the best!" Y/N gasps, bouncing on Natasha's hip happily while kicking her tiny legs on which Natasha smiles and kisses her baby's head.

The pair eats their breakfast, though Y/N's been blabbering about how she's excited to make new friends the entire time and Natasha's just been happily listening.

"Okay, my little pumpkin. Let's brush your teeth, dress you up, do your hair and we're ready to go" Natasha smiles, booping Y/N's nose which makes the tiny one giggle.

———

The pair arrives to school early. Y/N's holding Natasha's hand while happily looking around as the redhead's leading her little one to the classroom.

"Where would you like to sit, baby?" Natasha asks, looking at the still empty classroom.

"Can I sit there?" As expected, Y/N points at the desk in the first row, the nearest one to Natasha's desk.

"Of course" Natasha smiles softly and leads her daughter there.

Y/N climbs the chair, looking around at all those pictures and other stuff that are hanging on the walls while Natasha takes Y/N's school supplies out of her bag.

The classroom is soon starting to get filled with children which is making Y/N a bit uncomfortable.

"Hi" A girl approaches the little Romanoff, a warm smile playing on her lips.

"Hi" Y/N mumbles out shyly, looking at the little brunette.

"Do you want to be friends?" The girl asks on which Y/N nods her head happily. "I'm Haley"

"I'm Y/N" Y/N says with a little smile, not noticing her mother who's watching them with a huge smile on her face.

The lesson starts soon though, so all of the children are sitting behind their desks and listening to everything Natasha's telling them.

But a knock on the door interrupts soon, revealing the principal of the school when it opens.

"Miss Romanoff, can we have a word?" The principal Fury asks, Natasha nodding her head and telling the children she'll be back soon before walking out of the classroom.

Y/N watches her mother walk out, her eyes filling with tears. "Mama" She whispers to herself, not liking at all Natasha's not here with her. "Mama" She cries out, burying her face into her hands.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Haley questions, now standing next to Y/N's desk.

"Want mommy" Y/N cries out loudly.

The little brunette takes matter into her own hands and walks out of the classroom, bumping into Natasha who only just said bye to Fury.

"Where you're going, sweetheart?" Natasha asks, bending down to Haley's level.

"Miss Romanoff, Y/N's crying. She wants her mommy" The little brunette explains, Natasha's eyes widening.

The two walk back into the classroom, Natasha rushing to her crying daughter and kneeling down beside her.

"Y/N/N, it's okay. I'm here" Natasha sighs, wiping Y/N's tears away with her thumb.

"Mommy" Y/N hiccups, wrapping her arms around her mother and crying into her neck.

"Honey, I was just outside the door" Natasha sighs, pressing kisses to Y/N's cheek and rubbing her back. "Let's go out for a little bit, yeah?" She asks softly, not wanting to upset her daughter even more.

Natasha lifts Y/N up, telling the class they'll be back soon while carrying her daughter out of the room.

Y/N eventually calms down after a little while, now just resting her head on Natasha's shoulder and twirling her finger around a strand of Natasha's hair.

"It's okay now, sweetheart. You're okay. Can we go back in? I promise I won't go anywhere anymore" Natasha says softly, trying to avoid another potential tears.

Hearing a nod Natasha walks back into the classroom with hope to finally start the lesson. Surely she'll have to work on Y/N's separation anxiety which seems to be bigger than she thought. And she'll definitely need to have a talk with Y/N about this little incident, but that will have to wait until the two arrive back home.

~~~