Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Fake Smile

I never liked the smoke— it is something that would give me grave memories I never wished to remember.

But this time, the thin smoke around me felt so familiar and welcoming, like a heavy blanket on my bed during the rainy days. Everything felt so hypnotizing, from the soothing scent of the lavender, the musical flow of the water, and those orbs like corals I never thought I'd see above the ocean.

It felt like I was on that boat in the middle of the sea, with mild waves below the glistening sunlight, and the glitters of green corals dancing with the bubbles under the water.

"This is how we use the water, bathing together, welcome to Parsua Deltora, my love," he whispered as the warm strips of water gently touched my face.

All I did was stare at him, fascinated with those eyes, and when I noticed that my heart couldn't calm as I looked at him. I tried to avert my eyes away from him, looked down, and wished that I could do something with my drumming heart.

Hinayaan kong bahagyang dumikit ang ulo ko sa dibdib niya at pilit kong pinakalma ang sarili ko.

He's so handsome!

I've seen a lot of handsome men in human world, but no one could ever made me feel like this. As if my heart was literally burning. Nag-angat na ako ng isang kamay at hinawakan ko na ang dibdib ko.

I couldn't breathe well.

Both of his arms were now around my waist. "A-are you, my fiancé, Sir?" I stuttered.

"Fiance?"

"I mean, mate."

"Yes."

"D-do you have different kinds of oxygen in this world? Nahihirapan akong huminga."

I thought he was going to give me a simple answer, but when he lifted my chin and met my eyes— I couldn't see any color corals, but an emblem of burning fire in red.

"I can do something about it," he said before he opened his mouth and revealed his fangs.

And when he was about to tilt his head and bent down on my neck, I quickly pushed him. "W-wait! Kakagat ka agad? Hindi puwedeng mag-usap muna?"

Madali siyang kausap dahil agad nawala ang pagniningas ng mata niya at bumalik iyon sa pagiging berde. "As you wish."

Saka lang siya napalingon sa paligid. "What are these?"

Eksaktong may lumaglag na dalawang pera at dumikit iyon sa buhok at dibdib niya. Kinuha ko agad ang dalawang perang iyon sa kanya.

"My money. Puwede ba tayong umahon muna?"

"You can do whatever you want."

Tumango ako sa kanya at naglangoy na ako sa dulo para umahon na. Nagtungo ako kung saan nakatayo ang aking salamin na siyang nagpapakita ng sarili kong repleksyon.

I should explain to him everything. I am at his mercy. He might be calm right now, but I can't expect that he'll be like this for the next few hours.

I just had my first step away from the water, when I noticed that he was already behind me, naked. I quickly closed my eyes when I saw his naked reflection in the mirror.

Halos sampalin ko nang ilang beses ang sarili ko sa nakita ko— that was more than nine million! Ibalik ko na lang kaya?

Ilang beses akong umiling sa naiisip ko. Kezalli Lanoire, just focus on your goal!

Nanatili akong nakatalikod sa kanya habang pinakikinggan ko ang bawat hakbang niya. But when I took a peek as he walked slowly towards that small table with his folded white towel, I bit my lower lip, sighed, and even stomped one of my feet frustratingly.