Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Aim

Buong akala ko ay wala na talaga akong pag-asa na kumbinsihin si Rosh, ngunit bigla na lang lumabas sa isa sa likuran ng puno si Claret. I saw how Claret looked at me as if she had been there behind the tree and she had heard our whole conversation, but there was a glint of fascination in her eyes.

Para saan? Hindi naman ito maaaring dahil sumasangyon siya sa gusto ko. Could it be that it was the first time that someone had a courage to talk back with Rosh— as extreme as his.

Sa huli ay sumali na rin si Claret sa usapan ngunit maingat siya sa pagbibigay ng opinion.

"Are you sure you're unaware of Veda or any other stories aside from Freya's?" tanong ni Claret.

Napalingon ako sa kanya. Could it be that Claret also felt that Freya was an enemy? Should I tell her now?

Bumuntonghininga si Rosh.

"I told you that her existence was erased. At kung nagkaroon man ng pagkakataon na naalala namin siya, our parents might have done something to manipulate our minds. But now that they're no longer the ruler of the empire ngayon lang kami nagkakaroon ng ideya—but it's still vague. But Veda's strikingly has similar features to Kalla."

Kumunot ang noo ko. Sino si Kalla?

"Could it be possible that Kalla's connected with Veda?" tanong ni Claret.

"We're not blood-related. I had it checked a long time ago. What do you think of me?"

"Who is Kalla, Tobias?"

"She is Finn's mate, one of the princes from Parsua Sartorias. Zen's brother. Another stubborn Gazellian."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Muli kong hinarap si Rosh. "So, is that a coincidence?"

"Have you tried asking Kalla about it?" dagdag ni Claret.

Umiling si Rosh. "But why are you digging so much about Veda?"

"Because we're just aware of Atlas being the brother of the late Filippus, the devil, who was also a victim of the seven high thrones. From the very start, he already told us his motives; he wants to revive Veda and have these powerful worlds in his palm. I don't think we'll find more about him, unlike Veda who has traces in this world— she has a family who chose to let her existence get buried," mahabang sagot ni Claret.

It was good that Seth gave me a brief summary of the past. Kung hindi ay baka hindi ko na maintindihan pa sina Claret at Rosh.

"I assumed that you want this plan between the three of you with the idea that all of us are already with a solid plan to kill Atlas, right?" sabi ni Claret na sinalubong ang mga mata naming lahat.

"Inaamin ko na sa sandaling muli kong makita si Atlas, malaki ang posibilidad na agad akong umatake sa kanya at bigyan siya ng pinsala. I still have this urge to kill him to keep my daughter safe. But you were right, Kezalli. This world is already cruel enough, and maybe us, who grew up in the other world, might do something better and different this time."

Tumango ako.

"Then tell me, how do we extract the other information from them? Should we summon Kalla? Ask Seth, Blair, and Zen?" tanong ni Rosh.

Hindi na kami nakasagot pa sa katanungan Rosh nang unti-unti nang lumabas sa mga anino ang mga kasamahan namin. They were listening to us. At hindi na ako nagugulat dahil maging si Tobias ay ganoon din naman.

Nang sabihin iyon ni Rosh, isa-isa nang lumabas sa anino ang lahat na inaasahan kong hindi rin magtatagal ay susunod sa amin.

"Kezalli has a point, every one of us has a connection with Atlas. We might have been pursuing this same villain with the idea of his evil deeds, but is that all? Or do we have other motives?" tanong ni Claret.