Chapter 56

Warning: SPG

Chapter 56: Sunlight and Moonlight

It's not just Tobias's water that I noticed when it covered the whole blue tulip like a bubble, but also the sudden music outside. As if the pixies chose not to dance but played with several musical instruments. I could hear flute, violin, wooden drum, maracas, tambourine, and other unnamed instruments that I'd seen inside Deltora's castle. 

Seeing Tobias's green eyes, accompanied by the soft music outside, the sound of the moving water, and our heavy breathing—I couldn't help but ask to further lose not just with his eyes but with his touch . . . those lips. 

I knew what would happen between us once we had our time together. Alam kong hindi lang ako ang higit na naghihintay ng mga oras na ito. Alam kong hindi lang ako ang higit na humihiling na matapos na ang malaking pagdiriwang na ito sa Deltora.

Maybe Tobias started it with a tease as he walked into this garden, looking dashingly ravishing, or perhaps I was right all along that this was his way of punishing me for the pain I had inflicted. The king knew how attracted I was to him, how he had more self-control than I did, how my thoughts raced with visions of his neck and the taste of his blood, how I bit my lips when he whispered, and how I wanted to leave marks all over his body.

He knew that I could drain him with my uncontrollable need for him.

As someone who had lost her memory, it's hard to admit to anyone, even to my mate, that while most of our adventures remain vague, I can clearly remember how we shared our bodies, blood, and soul as clearly as his green eyes. The way the warmth of the water enveloped our bodies, the familiar sight of the ceiling with his hair curtained around his face as he towered over me, the screeching sound of my claw marks, my cheeks pressed against the misted mirror from my parted lips, and the way our eyes glowed together with his whispers, telling me that I had always been destined to be on this side of the mirror—with him.

I might have been confused by his sudden appearance in this garden, or perhaps a little bit uncomfortable with the idea that he might discover how I wanted to participate in the Water Festival without asking him. Right now, I knew that it wasn't more important.

With my elbows pressing on the table, his hand on my cheek, and at the back of my neck, his fangs and glowing red eyes, I knew right at that moment that I'd die if I stopped myself from savoring the feeling of his touch.  

"You better make me happy right now, Love, or else I'll kill all the pixies in this kingdom."

It was a threat as I could see how irritated he was with those visible veins in his temples and his hands almost trembling by merely touching my cheek and neck. Those words could be a threat to someone else's ears but for me, it wasn't even a request, but a gift that he should have claimed a long time ago.

I pressed my forehead to his, closed my eyes, and nodded.

"Allow me to make you happy, My King," I whispered.

Instead of letting Tobias push me further, I slowly lifted my right thigh, purposely caressing his. I saw how he tried to be unshaken with the light brush on my thigh, but I noticed how he squinted his eyes a little as if he could literally suppress his reaction.

I clung my left arm around his nape and brushed my lips on his ear. "C-can you sit just like on your throne, Tobias?"

He didn't reply but nodded. I wrapped my legs around his waist with one of his arms wrapping around my body. When we reached the chair that almost fell off the ground and stopped with the water tentacles supporting it, Tobias's arms were no longer holding me but settling on the chair's armrest.