Chapter 41

I wrote this as a special chapter last 2018. Who can still remember? Haha!

Chapter 41: Piano

Rosh's performance was so hypnotizing that everyone stood in amazement, clapping their hands in fascination. Even I got goosebumps, for the sound of his flute felt like it was naturally intertwined with the elements of nature—the flowing water, the whispering wind, the vines creeping around the city, the fluttering butterflies, and the glint of moonlight behind him.

"It's the usual opening of Parsua Deltora."

"Si Rosh lang?"

Tobias's lips curved. "Would you like to witness my performance?"

"Do you play flute as well?"

"I do play different musical instruments, but I love playing piano."

"Oh . . ."

"How about you?"

"I do play a little."

"Piano?"

"Piano and flute. I have those in our old museum."

Tobias and I didn't stay any longer at the Floating City, and with the assistance of a priestess, we crossed a portal, and we returned safely inside the castle. He brought me to a different room, I was sitting at the edge of the bed, still with the lotus in my hand.

"You can ring the bell if you need assistance."

I nodded.

I wanted to ask him about the mirror, and when I opened my mouth to start, I stopped myself. I didn't think he'd give me information about the thing that would make me run away from him.

"Do you want to ask something?"

I blinked. I shook my head. I might have looked like I wanted to ask him.

"Magpapahinga na ako."

He nodded. "I hope you enjoyed our little stroll."

He took a step closer, but he stopped himself and took a step back. "See you tomorrow."

"Yes."

Another week had passed, and I spent all my time being the obedient guest of this kingdom. I tried so much to remember everything, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't even recall how I ended up here after Tobias power pulled me from the mirror. And I couldn't believe everything he said just because I was attracted to him.

But I was trying to be considerate, he was gentle and kind but until when? He's a king, he needed me as his queen, the queen with power, with her green arrows, someone who was strong enough to introduce myself to this big kingdom, and I wasn't like that.

Bukod pa sa problema sa memorya ko, hindi rin nawawala ang sakit ng ulo ko sa magkapatid na Pryor at Marah. They hated me. Lagi na lang salubong ang kilay sa akin ni Pryor at hindi na ako natatakot sumagot kay Marah sa tuwing nagkaka-engkuwentro kami.

As I wandered inside the huge castle of Deltora, I didn't notice that I was lost in the beauty of this room filled with paintings and antique items. The whole presence of the room felt so familiar, warm— just like home. Tulad ng museleo na iniwan ko sa mundo ng mga tao.

I could even write a book describing how beautiful Parsua Deltora was once I returned to my own world. Siguro ay iyon na lang ang siyang magiging alaala ko sa mundong ito. Na minsan ay naghangad ako nang sobra at humiling na ibang tao ako— isang reyna sa isang magandang kaharian.

But I didn't deserve this, right? Grandfather? Grandmother? With my pasts and everything vilest thing I'd made. I didn't deserve paradise. I had been destined to burn in hell with the path I'd chosen to take.