Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Gossip and Readings

The fairies' laughter echoed in the night as they danced, now with a basket of petals of flowers showering down around us.

I lowered myself and slowly distanced my lips from his, still with his hands cupping my cheeks. I couldn't help but smile. My hands were no longer tightly gripping the boat. I sat properly in my position, yet with a still tilted head, meeting his green eyes.

I couldn't breathe well, everything was in a blur around us, and all I could feel right now was the hammering of my chest. It was as if I was in a trance— not because of how magical the place was, but because I was captured by those emerald eyes; pulling me closer, whispering that I should ask more, telling me that I could melt, and I'd enjoy it.

Suddenly my eyes wandered from his lips that I had been kissed— looking soft and moistened as if it was inviting me again. My fingertips felt like they were burning and were asking to run down from his jaw, the visible veins on his neck, and ruin all the remaining buttons on his clothes.

And I blinked— my face flushed with embarrassment in my own thoughts. I pulled away and lowered my head. My hands balled on my tightly pressed thighs.

"D-did you hear it, Your Majesty?" I stuttered.

He'd seen it. I knew that he could see through me even in a split second I was in the midst of my reality and imagination that I was devouring him.

What was wrong with me? Saglit lang kami nagdikit ay ganoon na lang ang epekto sa niya sa akin. It was as if I was drugged to fantasized him, and I'd gone mad if I haven't kissed those lips.

I was no longer looking at him, but I felt how Tobias tilted his body behind me just to gently peek at me.

"Why did you pull away, love?" he said, almost in a whisper, brushing his lips to my ear. I almost shivered.

I tightly closed my eyes to calm myself. I quickly glanced at him. "Y-you'll be in the morning news."

Do they have that in this world?

His brows arched. "That I was kissing some woman under the lover's bridge?"

I nodded. "You can't just tell them that you were with your queen without a proper introduction . . ."

Hindi ko rin maipapangako sa kanya na matapos ang gabing ito ay handa na akong humarap sa kabuuan ng kahariang ito. Dahil wala pa akong karapatang gawin iyon.

Tobias gently held my chin to meet my eyes again. "Do you think that I'm going to force you for an introduction if you're not ready? I will not force you to do something that you're not comfortable with."

Nanatili lang akong nakatitig sa kanya hanggang sa bitawan niya ako. "I can just tell these silly pixies that it was their imagination."

Tobias didn't wait for my reply. He looked in front of us, still with the pixies playing together, chanting about how they saw the king under the bridge with a woman.

Since our boat was no longer moving and we were still under the bridge, covered with shadows, with the simple wave of Tobias's hand, I saw another moving vine— water vines from the water. It was like the tentacles of a hidden octopus that emerged from the water.

Hindi na natuloy pa ng maliliit na diwata ang kanilang paglalaro sa hangin nang ang tubig na ginawa ni Tobias ay isa-isa silang hinuli. I saw five pixies playing around above the water who suddenly screamed, but their mouths were suddenly gagged with water. Sa isang iglap ay nasa harapan na naming ang maliliit na diwata na kapwa mga nakagapos, pumipiglas at may takip ang bibig.