Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Last Training

"Then allow me to extinguish the fire, allow me to drown you— that you'd forget that you were burning."

Looking at his crimson eyes, I couldn't help but think if I deserved this. How could life bless me with a man so willing to give everything?

My hands were shaking when I touched his hands on my cheeks. "Y-you've seen it, Tobias. How can you still—" He cut me off by a kiss.

Ilang beses niya rin hinalikan ang mga luha ko sa pisngi ko. "I'd do everything in my power to get your revenge, and if this is too much for you, I'll ask Pryor or talk with Seth that we can't—" Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at umiling sa kanya.

"No. I am here to help Claret and Divina. I promised them."

Nakahawak pa rin ako sa mga kamay niyang nasa pisngi ko at unti-unti ko na iyong ibinaba. "Train me."

"A-are you still angry with me?"

I sighed and forced a smile, I could see how unsure Tobias was with that smile. Ngunit nasanay na akong agad ilabas ang mga ngiti kong pagkakatapos kong mag-isip ng mabibigat na bagay. It was somewhat my defense mechanism to stop myself for further burying myself into sadness.

"Paano ako magagalit nang matagal sa 'yo? You're handsome kaya. Sinuyo mo pa ako. Marupok ako, Mahal na Hari."

Tumayo na ako ngunit nanatiling magkahawak ang mga kamay namin. Hindi pa rin siya tumatayo. "Stand up, King Tobias, huwag mo akong sanayin sa ganyang posisyon. You look quite handsome from that angle. I might ask you—"

He stood up, his right hand was already under my chin, and he slightly tilted my head up. "Ask me, then, and I'll gladly oblige."

"Oh . . ."

He returned to his usual expression, looked around, let go of me, and walked towards my weapons— the arrows and the metal rings.

Pinanuod ko lang siyang kunin ang mga iyon bago siya bumalik at ibigay ang mga iyon sa akin. "We can train with your arrows."

I nodded.

Binigyan na ako ni Tobias ng distansya, at hinayaan niya akong ilagay muli sa balikat ko ang aking mga palaso.

I took my bow, pulled my arrow from the quiver, and outstretched my hand with my familiar form.

"Let me see your aim, Love. You have to hit the moving water," Tobias gently said.

Nasa likuran ni Tobias ang isa niyang kamay habang ang isa ay banayad na gumagalaw. The first movement of his hand, two consecutive water bursts surged to the air, I quickly released one arrow and pulled another one— both water bursts were hit.

I knew that the water burst was still slow.

"Nice one, Love. Again."

This time, Tobias summoned three water bursts, now at a long distance. I hit the first one, almost hit the second, and missed the third.

"It's alright, Love. Let's try again," he calmly said.

He summoned four water bursts, they were slower, but still at a long distance. I hit the first two but missed the other two.

"It's fine."

Paulit-ulit iyong ginawa ni Tobias hanggang sa maubos ang pana sa likuran ko. Maglalakad na sana ako para kunin ang mga naglakad na pana sa paligid nang ang gumagalaw na tubig na ni Tobias ang kumuha sa mga pana sa paligid at dinala ito sa harapan ko.

The arrows were drenched in water, but after a few movements of Tobias's hand, the water from the arrows was separated and burst into the air like crystal dust.