Chapter 48

Chapter 48: Pushed

I was about to ask the cloaked woman when I heard a familiar voice behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see a glowing hand, it was Claret!

When I turned around to see the woman again, my eyes widened when she vanished into thin air.

Fuck, no. I'd fall!

Mariin na akong pumikit dahil sa unti-unti kong pagbulusok. I was just waiting for that sudden pain in my whole body with my hands tightly balled as if it could lessen the upcoming pain when all I felt was softness.

"K-Kezalli?"

I slowly opened one of my eyes and when I was finally convinced that I was no longer in danger, I blinked and looked up at the woman who was staring at me.

I was lying on my stomach on Claret's hand.

"H-how did you find me?"

"What happened to you?" tanong niya naman pabalik sa akin.

I grimaced, realizing my situation and this strange body. I sat in Indian seat on her palm, awkwardly scratched my head, and lowered my head to avoid her gaze. "It's a long story."

"I can feel your presence that's why I can find you."

Nag-angat na ako ng tingin sa akin. "But I can't feel yours."

Did she notice the woman?

Pinagmasdam ko ang ekspresyon ni Claret ngunit tila wala naman siyang ibang naramdaman kundi ako.

But Rosh told me that Claret is the most powerful priestess in this world. Does it mean that the cloaked woman could hide herself from a powerful priestess like Claret?

I shook my head. 

She smiled gently. "You can, Kezalli."

Akala ko ay agad kaming magtutungo sa palasyo ni Claret, ngunit nagulat na lang ako nang bigla siyang naupo sa madilim na lugar na iyon.

"Claret, it's dirty in this place."

She laughed. "I might be dressed like this. But I can stay in the filthiest place in this world."

I looked away. "I am sorry if assumed that—" she cut me off.

"No . . ."

She suddenly caressed me with her slender forefinger. "You were right. We did not experience the same situation when I was in the human world. And for me to learn all your experiences and how you brave this world and helped us, I couldn't help but admire you. I was not as brave as you when I first arrived in this world."

"Huh? Brave? Can't you see? I am running, Claret. I want to go home. I do not belong here. How did you see me like that?"

She sighed. She leaned on the wall behind her. She tilted her head up as she looked at the small space where they could see the rectangular vision of the cloudless sky.

The small dark alley was filled with hanging strings tied across the buildings facing each other, each string holding fancy fabrics or clothes. The walls had small windows and verandas decorated with beautiful flowers.

Now I realized that this alley wasn't as filthy as I had expected at first glance. May karapatan ba akong mag-isip ng ganoon sa kahariang ito? Deltora is a beautiful kingdom, and I could no longer enjoy this painting-like world when I crossed the mirror.

"In our every journey, it's always good to pause and to take a rest, Kezalli. We're all getting tired. Lalo na ikaw. At karapatan mong mapagod."

Hindi na ako muli tumitig sa kalangitan, sa halip ay nakatulala na ako sa napakagandang mukha ni Claret. She had that kind of face that no one could ever think that she'd be a villain— like a goddess. And even her voice could soothe that most injured heart.