Chapter 1 : You've become pretentious Jin!

"You succeeded on your own son, you proved that you could live up to your family."

These words were cold and would not have seemed to anyone to be the compliments of a father. But for Taehyung, they were worth everything: even though he didn't like his father, they were his father's first words that gave him the feeling of existing other than as a disappointment in his eyes. Although he couldn't express it to anyone because of his excessive pride, it was precious to him. 

Yet, even if he wouldn't have admitted it to anyone, he had a friend, more precious than anything in his eyes, who could guess it without him having to say anything. After all, Taehyung and Seokjin had lived together since childhood and had never left each other's side since then, through the good and the worst times of their lives.

And it was together that they had just passed their exams and graduated, even if Seokjin didn't have a wealthy and powerful father who he could make proud, only his mother and grandfather who were simply, but sincerely happy for him and who rewarded him with brand new football equipment. And that was more than enough for his happiness. Because he was a simple person, a dreamy boy who was satisfied with simplicity. He had graduated and his family was happy: he was happy. 

No one was throwing a party for him like for Taehyung? He didn't care.

Indeed, proud of their son's success as they had been for Namjoon's a year earlier, the Kims decided, as they had for Namjoon the previous year, to throw a reception in honor of Taehyung's graduation and his upcoming entry to the Eunma.

Of course, Seokjin, even if he had also successfully graduated, was not invited. It was a social event where only powerful friends and business partners of the Kim Group could participate, accompanied by their families. Jimin's family, the Parks, had also been invited. 

But there were not only the family partners since in their arrogance, the Kims, wanting to show the success of their family through their children, had also invited rival families. Also, the guest list seemed endless and many people had been hired to ensure the perfection of the service.

In mid July, on the evening of the long-awaited event, while the whole house was in turmoil, Taehyung summoned Seokjin to his room. After dodging numerous employees who were taking care of the final preparations and most of whom he did not know , Seokjin made his way to Taehyung's room, ignoring the closed door to Namjoon's room who was probably getting ready too. 

Upon entering, Seokjin's nose was immediately assaulted by a delicious smell of musk. Far from attacking it olfactorily as Taehyung's previous perfume had done, this one was intoxicatingly sweet and Seokjin couldn't help but take a long, noisy breath in to smell its scent again.

"Do you like my new perfume?"

"Yes, it smells really good!" Seokjin answered sincerely. He then realized that Taehyung had stopped wearing perfume since he reconciled in the hospital. Did he do this for him because he couldn't stand the smell of his new perfume at that time? He asked with a smile : "did you change because I didn't like the other?"

"Don't make yourself more important than you are," grumbled Taehyung who, however, seemed pleased that Seokjin liked his new scent. "It's a luxury perfume that I wanted to test for the party, that's all."

"You still stopped putting on the other since the other time," Seokjin reminded him.

"Because I didn't like him that much actually."

"Ah okay," Seokjin said, suspecting he was lying. "Anyway, my nose thanks you!"

Taehyung mumbled that he didn't need thanks since he did this for himself and not for Seokjin, which made the latter laugh. Then he showed him two full suits perfectly fitted that had been taken out of their protective cover, and delicately placed on Taehyung's bed, which was used for nothing but to put objects on it since no one ever slept there.