Chapter 56: Eunma will soon be upside down

"J-Jin..." Seung stuttered, staring at his chest, "...what is this scar?"

Seokjin immediately placed his arms across his chest and abdomen to hide his scar but it was barely hidden: it was so big that it stuck out on each side and in the middle. Next to it, the 7-shaped scar on his arm seemed insignificant. Indeed, this wound hadn't threatened to kill him unlike the one Taehyung had given him with pruning shears. 

He still remembered the pain very well, it was etched in his flesh, but he had spent his life hiding it and he absolutely had to continue, at all costs.

"I-it's noth-" he began.

"Don't say it's nothing!" Seung exclaimed, shocked, "it's him isn't he? Taehyung did this to you?!" 

Seung remembered very well the evening when Taehyung had forced his family to leave Seoul after threatening his parents. This moment was etched in his memory. That evening, Taehyung had behaved like a tyrant and even though he himself had refused to obey him and wanted Seokjin to stay away from him, Seokjin, at that moment, had been afraid for him, afraid that Taehyung really kills him. And what had he done by expressing this fear? He held his abdomen, as if in pain, as if he knew what Taehyung was truly capable of...

"Jin, how did you manage to remain friends with someone like him?" Seung whispered in terrible shock.

"He- He's changed... y-you have to... b-believe me... you must not say anything or else..." Seokjin said in his breathless voice, alarmed that Seung had understood everything.

"Say nothing?! You want me to protect him?!" Seung exclaimed, outraged, without giving time to finish. "Jin, he's dangerous, he almost killed you! How can you want to hide it instead of exposing it? How can you even be his friend?!"

Seokjin's lips trembled. Seung had an outside perspective and had the impression of understanding things, he believed that Taehyung embodied absolute evil but he was wrong, he had to make him understand. He opened his mouth but did not have time to respond because an admiring whistle was heard:

"Unbelievable! Guys, look at that monstrous scar!"

Seokjin and Seung quickly turned towards one of the locker room doors where three boys had appeared who were staring at Seokjin's chest with a mixture of fascination, horror, and bewilderment. 

They were all familiar to Seokjin, coming from his old school, Gugbo middle school, but he was particularly familiar with one of them. He had even avoided him like the plague since the beginning of the year: it was Dae-Ho, his former captain of the football team.

"So that's why you were playing the prude and you refused to change in front of us, Jin!" Dae-ho said with a wicked grin, before adding, eyeing him with a hint of jealousy: "I thought it was because you didn't have abs. You're actually pretty well modeled without that horror to ruin it."

"D-Dae-Ho," Seokjin breathed in panic, grabbing his jacket to get dressed.

But one of the boys, coming forward, snatched it from him.

"No, don't get dressed, the show hasn't started yet," he sneered.

"Get away from him!" Seung immediately replied, grabbing Seokjin's jacket from the boy and roughly pushing him away from Seokjin.

The boy seemed taken aback, as if he didn't expect Seung to get in his way. He turned to Dae-Ho, who seemed to be the leader of their small group. This one said with confidence: 

"Seung, we're here to make Taehyung pay for everything he did to us in middle school, so leave it to us. After all, everyone knows what he did to you, so it will give you as much pleasure as it does us to see him fall from his throne."