What are your expectations?

Hello, this is the author,

I wanted to share some personal thoughts with you.

It's hard to write a book that will be loved and read from start to finish, it's obvious, even when we're talking about a paper book. However, from my point of view, digital reading on a platform like wattpad means that many people start books without finishing them when the story begins to deviate from their expectations. 

This was already the case with "real" books (even paid books) but it is even more true with free digital writing which seems to have little value and to be interchangeable at will given the extent of what is available at always within reach. People find it easy to start but have difficulty sticking to reading whereas with a book, they would probably be hooked until the end to get a fair idea of ​​the story. 

It's striking when we see in the wattpad books the staggering difference in readers' numbers and votes between the first chapters and the last. This proves that few readers are so attached to the book as to want to read it to the end: most give up before the end. And obviously, it's a practice that seems logical: why bother continuing reading a book that no longer pleases us when there are so many others waiting for us in the second? 

All this to say that I know a lot of people lost interest in this book, and I want to thank those who stayed to those who stayed. 

But not only. 

I also would like to know what originally made you want to read this book and what your expectations were if you had any despite my message at the beginning of the book.

Because indeed, the word at the beginning of all my books indicates this book will not meet your expectations as it is an original story that will match my own imagination from A to Z without wondering about trends and I want readers who engage in reading my books to be aware of this. 

I try to write stories that I like and that others might like, but in reality, I know that they stray from the themes of popular fan fiction and that few people are likely to like them. And each time, the more I advance in the publication of my books, the more striking is the reality of the distance between readers' expectations and the story that I propose, because there are fewer readers, fewer votes, fewer comments. 

BUT I'm not mourning my few readers here, I'm just piqued by curiosity

It's obvious that even if we ask people not to have expectations about a book, it's impossible. We obviously have expectations, even tiny. And I would like to know yours.

Even if I already have the outline of my story and I don't want my readers to influence the evolution of the book as I imagined it, I'm really curious and I would like to know if your expectations regarding this book correspond or or well are far from what I planned for the future. 

Please, could you share them with me? What are you waiting for for the rest of the book? What do you think will happen?