Chapter 31: I will be with you

A/N : One last chapter in 2023

__________

In the middle of the night, Seokjin woke up in a place that was still unusual for him. Instinctively he felt around him, looking for Taehyung's presence, but he found only emptiness. He then remembered that Taehyung couldn't join him in bed in the middle of the night like before, because he didn't have the entry code to his room and Yoongi wouldn't have allowed him to come there anyway.

Seokjin had thought it would make him feel better, especially after their fight at dinner, but he couldn't shake the feeling of uneasiness and emptiness he felt at not feeling Taehyung's arms clinging to him in a protective embrace. He hoped it would dissipate quickly because he didn't want to wake up like this every night. He had to learn to sleep alone again, that was the normal course of things.

He also wondered if Taehyung had managed to fall asleep without any problem. Because even if he himself managed to fall asleep alone, Taehyung had only fallen asleep with him since they were little. He grabbed his phone from his bedside table to see if Taehyung had contacted him and turning it on, the light from the small screen dimly illuminated the bed opposite his in which Yoongi was sound asleep.

Seokjin quickly saw that Taehyung hadn't just tried to contact him: he had bombarded him with messages and phone calls. He was afraid that the vibrating phone, by dint of ringing on the wood of the bedside table, had annoyed Yoongi but he frowned when he first realized that he himself had not been awake and that then, his phone was no longer in vibrate mode but in silent mode. He didn't remember putting it on silent though.

He began reading Taehyung's various messages with concern.

9:12 p.m.

"Jin, get out of your room, I need to talk to you."

"Do not ignore me."

"If you want to talk about Seung, it's now or never."

"Why are you not responding?"

"I told you I want to talk about Seung, isn't that what you wanted?"

"Are you still pissed?"

"?"

"I guess so."

"Are you asleep yet?"

"Did you take your medicine before bed?"

"I need an answer."

"Jin?!"

"?!!"

10:04 p.m.

"Jungkook just came into my room."

"He said it's our room, it sickens me just the thought of it."

"I just had a fight with him, I wonder if the whole hallway heard."

"Guess you didn't hear it."

"We've been sharing the same room for a few minutes but I already want to kill him."

"We have to find a solution now, I can't stay with him!"

"You have to give me a place in your room, no matter what Yoongi thinks!"

"Jin you won't believe it, Mr. first in class is already doing his homework even though we haven't started class!"