Chapter 39 : He never considered me his family!

Having walked the few meters of corridor that separated him from Taehyung's room in front of which his friend usually waited for him to go eat, Seokjin was surprised to find no one. 

In fact, he was even surprised that Tehyung hadn't knocked on his bedroom door to tell him to hurry up because his discussion with Yoongi had made him very late. Some students, usually less early than them, were already leaving their rooms to go have breakfast.

He took his phone out of his pocket and saw that Taehyung hadn't tried to contact him. It was just as strange. He sent him a message to tell him that he was waiting for him outside his door but Taehyung didn't answer so he tried to call him, without getting any more response. Intrigued, Seokjin wondered if Taehyung had left without him or if he was still in the room.

Then, he remembered something with horror: Jungkook knew that Taehyung was sleeping with him in room 213 and since Yoongi hadn't helped him destroy Taehyung's reputation, maybe he had decided to attack Taehyung frontally?

Seokjin anxiously pressed his ear to the door to try to hear what was going on in the room. Building D provided its residents with the privacy they needed and no distinct sounds escaped from the closed rooms, but Seokjin heard muffled screams that convinced him that he must enter at all costs. He knew the room code because Taehyung had communicated it with him but never wanted to go in until now as it was also Jungkook's room.

When he opened the door, Seokjin's eyes widened at the scene unfolding before his eyes: Jungkook and Taehyung, standing opposite each other between the two parallel desks, held each other tightly by the throat. 

Yet, it was obvious that it was Taehyung who suffered the most from this situation because his face was red and the veins in his temples were protruding while Jungkook, on the other side, was barely out of breath. His split lip nevertheless indicated that Taehyung had managed to hit him before.

The two looked at each other with hatred and when they heard the door open, they turned to Seokjin, unable to change their expressions, which scared Seokjin who felt they were really capable of killing each other publicly. He quickly closed the door to prevent other people from witnessing what was happening in room 201.

"Are you two crazy?!" he cried, rushing towards them and trying to detach their arms without succeeding, "let go, you will kill each other!"

"You're wrong Jin, I think he'll be the only one to die and then his dead body will just release me," Jungkook chuckled with a stifled laugh, tightening his grip around Taehyung's throat who gave him a murderous look and did the same, even with less force.

Seokjin had a horrified expression when he thought that it was indeed possible but Taehyung quickly replied with difficulty:

"You can... dream... I'll slay you before... you Junkie!"

Seeing that he couldn't reason with them or separate them, Seokjin cried out:

"I'm sorry!"

Then, he delivered a resounding slap to each of them that shocked them both and immediately made them let go, as they didn't expect Seokjin to be violent. It was the first time Seokjin had hit someone and he immediately felt bad.

"Did you just hit me?" Taehyung said, outraged, holding his hot cheek. "You should have hit just him, not me!"

As him, Jungkook was massaging his cheek nonchalantly, as if Seokjin's slap hadn't hurt him at all.

"You know Jin, you just proved that you're not an angel after all, you're no better than us because you're also violent."

"I'm very sorry for hitting you, but you both weren't listening to me," Seokjin quickly explained guiltily, positioning himself between the two. "You need to calm down, this behavior is not worthy of you, we need to discuss all together, not fight!"