Chapter 53 : I hate them and I will never forgive them

When Seokjin and Jimin woke up on the morning, neither Hoseok nor Taehyung were in the room. They had not heard an alarm, in bad shape as they were and since it was Sunday, they didn't care what time it was.

They took turns going to the bathroom, Jimin lending Seokjin some clothes because he didn't really want to walk down the hall back to his room, even though the distance was ridiculously short. When they were washed and dressed, both realized that, although hungry, neither wanted to leave the room.

Jimin's face was still swollen and had turned purplish and yellow in places. In addition, he limped when he walked and his bruised side made him suffer and wonder if he had a broken rib. He would have to go to the hospital to have it confirmed, but he didn't intend to, because of the disturbing questions it might raise.

As for Seokjin, his arm especially hurt, where his burn had been bandaged. The pain and the itch competed with each other and sometimes he wanted to rip off his bandage to scratch his skin and tear it off if necessary. He stopped himself, judging that he had a chance of healing well and coming out with a discreet mark. But even more than the pain, what kept him from going out was his fear of meeting one of the boys from the Midnight club.

What would happen if he came across one? Would he drag him up to the fifth floor to torture him again? Would he act as if nothing had happened during the day, before taking revenge at night? Or would Taehyung manage, as he said, to use his name to protect him and Jimin?

They decided to settle back on the bed and start a card game while waiting for the return of Taehyung whom they had tried to contact without getting a response for the moment.

After some time, the sound of the door unlocking made them turn sharply towards the door.

"Hey you two!" Hoseok said as he walked in with a lunch tray from the canteen. "I figured you wouldn't want to go to the canteen."

"Oh thank you Hobi, that's really nice-" Seokjin started before freezing, seeing the person accompanying Hoseok carrying a second tray.

"Hey Jin," Joonwoo greeted kindly, with his usual good nature, as if the events of the day before had never happened, "hey Jimin."

Seokjin felt a shiver throughout his body. What was he doing here? Was he coming to pick them up to take him and Jimin back to the fifth floor? But he remembered that the Midnight Club only allowed deviant behavior at night. By day, it was just the Orators club, an elite club with exemplary behavior members. That reassured him somewhat. 

"What are you doing here?" Jimin immediately said aggressively, placing himself in front of Seokjin as if to protect him.

"Relax Chim," Hoseok tempered using in a natural way, the nickname Taehyung had given him the day before and which he himself had adopted with joy. "Jonnie One is there as the perfect student president that he is : he just offered to help me bring your breakfast."

"A perfect president? My ass!" Jimin replied, without seeing the scandalized look that Seokjin gave him behind his shoulder and which shook Hoseok into a fit of laughter and stretched Joonwoo's smile.

"And he also has a message for both of you," Hoseok admitted.

"Oh yeah ? So spill it out and leave," Jimin retorted fixing Joonwoo with a hard stare. 

Joonwoo placed the tray he was holding on Jimin's desk and continued to smile at them, with a bitter smile this time, as if he was disappointed in what he had to say to them. 

"Taehyung went to plead your case to the director," he announced, which caused Jimin and Seokjin to exchange glances because Taehyung had kept his word and gone to defend them. He continued regretfully : "You are no longer allowed to be part of the Midnight Club."