Chapter 49 (TW) : Who is the seventh...?

TW:  criminal attitude from a man responsible for minor boys.

________

"Please help me!" Seokjin shouted at the man who had just entered who half-blinded him with the flashlight he pointed at his face.

"Seokjin? What are you doing here?" Mr. Kang asked with surprised, turning off the flashlight in his hand, making it appear as if he was doing a surveillance tour of the high school.

Trying to catch his breath after his fast run, Seokjin hastened to explain the situation to him:

"Mr Kang... I was chatting with them and... and suddenly... suddenly Heungmin hit me and said he wanted to hurt me because he said..." he thinks of a way to say things in an acceptable way, "he said I don't belong in Eunma!"

He trusted Mr. Kang in saying this, because he was the one who forbade students and teachers from discriminating against him because of his special status. He was deeply relieved when he he recognized the identity of the newcomer, although he wondered how he could be so lucky and what he was doing there. Under the attentive ear of the director, he continued: 

"They created a club that meets here in secret, they tortured Jimin and now they want to do the same to me. Please sir, you have to help me!" Seokjin pleaded, pointing to the other motionless boys who were observing the director without a word.

Kang seemed perplexed for a few seconds and looked for a moment at the boys behind Seokjin, first Joonwoo who was closest to him in his race to catch up with Seokjin, then Raenjun who was painting in front of his easel and finally the other four, who had not moved from the sofa where they had settled to listen to Seokjin play the piano before watching the race between him and Joonwoo.

"Don't worry Mr. Kang, we were just playing with Seokjin," Joonwoo explained as politely as possible, as if he had suddenly become a model student again.

"Oh, I so that's it," Mr. Kang said in an kind tone.

"No! That's not true, he's lying! They weren't playing around or pretending, they really hit and burned me, look!" Seokjin said indignantly brandishing his injured arm at the sight of the man who observed him with some kind of fascination.

"Do you took Jimin's place?" Kang asked, smiling weirdly.

"W-What?" Seokjin stuttered, taken aback. "How do you know Jimin came here? Do you know what they did to him?!"

"Of course I know, it's my school after all," the man retorted, amused. "Not only did I know but I even rewarded him for it. It was undoubtedly the lure of gain that pushed you to take his place, right my boy?"

"R-rewarded?" Seokjin asked, perplexed. 

"Did you really think that simpleton would be able to get the best results on the math exams if Mr. Kang hadn't given him the corrections so he could learn them by heart?" Heungmin said ironically. "He obviously wasn't the only one in your class, Heechan, got them too, but he made a mistake and came second. It sent him into a rage, that little idiot!" he chuckled visibly amused by his little brother's defeat against Jimin. "He asked Jaekyeon to make him pay for his insolence."

Horrified, Seokjin turned and met the gaze of the first year student who gave him an evil smile. So it was him who put Jimin in such a state?! He beat up Jimin at Heechan's request, only because he got first place in the exams. 

Jaekyeon must have been his friend, otherwise he would have asked his brother to do it. The other first year student wasn't in their class and that's why Seokjin didn't know him. He seemed like a cruel child among the other older boys who were calmer than him but probably just as dangerous given what Heungmin had just done to Seokjin.