Chapter 15: Seokjin is my only light

"Taehyung!"

In the distance, Taehyung heard Jimin's voice but he chose to ignore it. He only cared about Seokjin, it was the only word hammering into his mind.

Seokjin... 

Seokjin... 

Seokjin-

"TAEHYUNG!" Jimin yelled, shaking him roughly by the shoulders. "Now is not the time to dream, I tell you to come upstairs right away!!"

Taehyung blinked and seemed to come out of his stupor. He then saw that Seokjin was no longer in the grass. There was no more blood, either on the lawn or on him. 

"W-what..."

Looking up, he followed with his eyes the trajectory that Jimin's finger was pointing and he realized that Seokjin was still on the balcony dancing and swaying. His waking nightmare had only lasted a few seconds but it seemed to him to be eternal and a wave of relief hit him. 

"He's alive..." he whispered, his eyes clouded with tears of gratitude that only Jimin could see from where he was.

Shocked to see him ready to cry, Jimin hastened to tell him:

"Maybe not for long if you don't get your act together! Hurry up and go up there, Jin needs you! I'll stay here just in case."

Without thinking further, Taehyung ran inside the mansion without caring about everyone watching him run to Seokjin's rescue.

He hated people and social events like the one his parents and older brother had forced him to come to tonight. Quickly, he slipped away from the party and found a comfortable bed in an empty dark room and did what he loved most: he fell asleep. 

When other young people had entered the room and set up shop, apparently to get drunk, he had hoped that they would leave quickly to let him sleep in peace. They had not seen him, probably mistaking it for a pillow under the blanket. 

But they hadn't left. Worse, they made even more noise, bringing in a boy named Seokjin whom they beat and forced to drink until he was drunk. 

Hating conflict by nature and preferring silence to anything else, he had remained as still and silent as a stone, refusing to intervene. He had just recorded everything that had happened to avoid having to tell everything himself if he was asked to tell anything. 

But if no one asked him, he probably wouldn't do anything. Life was easier when you were alone and avoided getting involved in other people's affairs. Life was easier when you only focused on yourself. Not fun. Not interesting. But just easy. And it suited him perfectly.

By now, the four attackers had left the room and darkness had returned to the room. Frustrated at being woken from his slumber and prevented from sleeping, he looked at Seokjin letting the top of his face emerge from under the blanket and listened to him speak.

It was a pathetic scene to watch, the boy seemed to carry the misery of this world on his shoulders and yet, he continued to have empathy for his attacker. It was incomprehensible to him

Seokjin didn't see him when he turned back to the bed, probably because the alcohol was clouding his senses and also because he didn't move a muscle and just stared at him,  hearing him call "Joonie" who he imagined was Namjoon.

While from the window the lights of the garden came faintly, it was mostly the white light of the almost full summer moon that illuminated the room and his eyes widened when he saw Seokjin's face clearly.