Chapter 12: He did something really bad to you

Happy without really knowing why, Seokjin trotted down the main path to reach the mansion. Along the way, he ended up realizing that flapping his arms wouldn't allow him to fly away and even if it had frustrated him a little at first, he quickly found a smile again because he was soon going to see Namjoon. 

Namjoon hadn't seen him all night yet and he couldn't wait for him to tell him how handsome he looked in his new suit.

"Joonie always says nice things to me!" he said, smiling to himself, eager to see his friend. "He's my favorite person on Earth. If I have to fly in the sky to the moon, I'll take him with me. I hope he's in his room, but what if he's not? Maybe I should look for it in the garden?"

Arriving towards the mansion, Seokjin saw that most of the guests were gathered around the banquet tables: it was time to serve the dessert and he realized that he was really hungry, especially after playing football on an empty stomach. He wanted to eat and he figured Taehyung wouldn't know he stopped to eat until he went inside the house. 

"Seokjin, I can't believe my eyes!" his mother exclaimed as she came towards him with an empty tray in her hands.

"Mom! Taehyung gave me this suit, I look good in it, huh?" Seokjin asked in a slow voice and with a bright smile.

"The most beautiful of all, sweetie, it seems like you are the main character of this party!" Yoko assured. "But your hair is all messy, let me fix it a little."

"Ah, it was Mr. Jeon who messed up my hair," Seokjin remembered with a chuckle as his mother gently fixed his hair with one hand.

"Mr. Jeon?" Yoko repeated, a little worried as, like all Kim employees, she knew that he was the brother-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. Kim. She also knew the relations between the two families and did not want to see her son find himself caught in a conflict that did not concern him. "Why, have you had anything to do with him?"

"He's Jungkook's dad, do you remember Jungkook? I told you about him, he was my opponent during the final. That means he's Tae and Joonie's cousin, do you realize, mum?!"

"Ah really?"

"I find it incredible, don't you?!"

A little surprised at the way her son spoke more than what he had just taught her, Yoko asked:

 "Seokjin, why are you shouting like that?"

 "Ah, sorry mom, but you absolutely have to know something else, it's important!" Seokjin apologized but continued to shout: "Jungkook is the one who saved my life during the final of the championship! I didn't know that but Tae knew, I was so mad at him!! At Taehyung, not at Jungkook, do you understand mom?!"

"Um, yes, I think so. But that's a lot of information at once Seokjin," Yoko admitted, who was surprised to learn all this. "I'd like to meet him and thank him, so introduce him to me as soon as he's around. You seem to like him, he must be a nice guy."

In reality, she also wanted to make sure that as Taehyung's cousin, Jungkook didn't have the same explosive sides and violent tendencies because she couldn't stand for her son to suffer again from such a dangerous friend.

She had been relieved, upon meeting Jimin, to find that he seemed to be a lovely boy to Seokjin even though he seemed to have the same possessive side as Taehyung towards Seokjin. This didn't seem to bother Seokjin though. In any case, he had only said good things about Jimin. But she knew her son had the annoying tendency to say good things about everyone, even when those people had hurt him.

This was why she absolutely had to monitor who he was with and protect him since he seemed to attract the wrong people without him being able to get rid of them. She had been forced to accept Taehyung because he was the son of her employers but that wouldn't happen with others: if they were bad for her son, she would keep them away from him as much as possible without thinking twice.