Chapter 19: Give up on Seokjin

"Father?" Namjoon called as he entered his father's office and approached his desk.

"What?" Mr. Kim aggressively asked. "Do you have anything else to tell me about the things that happened at my house tonight or do I already know everything?"

Leaning into his leather armchair behind his desk, he seemed both tired and very upset of this party. And Namjoon felt that the discussion he was going to have with his father was not going to help anything.

"Well, there are probably things that happened that neither you nor I know about, because we had the most deceitful guests at our house this evening," Namjoon declared, knowing that if he had by chance learned from his brother that Jungkook was doing drugs in their garden, there were probably many other things he had missed.

"If you don't have anything interesting to say, then get out," his father sighed in annoyance.

 "Actually, I have something to say," Namjoon corrected him, "Seokjin was innocent and he tried to prove himself worthy of our family by refusing to be corrupted, I hope you realize that."

"I know very well, I heard what happened," Mr. Kim said dryly. "Why come and ramble about this? Would you like me to reward him for stupidly allowing himself to be trapped and threatening the honor of my family?"

Namjoon gritted his teeth at the contempt his father still felt towards Seokjin. However, it had seemed to him that for some time, this contempt had lessened somewhat, notably thanks to Seokjin's successes at school and the influence he had had on Taehyung's success.

The proof according to Namjoon was that there was a time when his father would never be embarrassed to defend Seokjin to defend his own honor but would have just thrown the boy and his family to his vulture guests to absolve himself of all responsibility and preserve a cordial understanding with his commercial partners.

"Even though I know you did it for yourself, I wanted to thank you for deciding to take Seokjin's word into consideration as much as Yoona's. Maybe a day will come when you truly trust him," Namjoon decided to said.

"You seem to have high hopes for it, I advise you not to believe in it too much," his father replied. "Anyway, you wouldn't have come just to thank me, so I'm going to ask you just once: what do you want Namjoon?"

"I want Seokjin to go to Eunma," Namjoon asked out of nowhere, "prevent his admission to Whimoon and have him admitted to Eunma with Taehyung and me for next school years."

Although he was stunned by this sudden request, his father did not let it show and replied:

"That's out of the question. It's time for Seokjin to move away from both of you."

"But now that you have publicly introduced him to our society as your ward and you defended him in front of everyone, you could-" Namjoon wanted to argue

"Namjoon, I said no," M. Kim cut him.

His son sighed and shook his head melodramatically.

"At least, I would have tried to convince you with the words of a son. Please, remember I didn't want to do this but you made me, okay?"

"Do what?!" his father barked, exasperated.

Namjoon took the crumpled letter out of his pocket. 

"If you refuse to grant my request, I will rely on Mr. Choi's testimony to denounce Taehyung's harassment that almost led to Seokjin's death. And I will persuade Yoko to file a complaint against our family, while helping her win her case."

"What are you talking about ?!" 

The father looked at his son angrily.

"Yoona wasn't lying when she said she wasn't the only one to harass Seokjin," Namjoon explained. "Worse, she didn't have time to tell you but it was Taehyung who asked everyone to attack him. Mr. Choi, the former school janitor, recounts in this letter everything they put Seokjin through, at least what Seokjin was able to confide to him because very quickly, he stopped and kept his suffering to himself.