Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

Hajime grunted in pain as the spikes dug into his back. He took a drink of holy water before pouring some on his back. " No. Hajime." Yue said. Yue and I got up and pulled the spikes out of Hajime's back. "I let my guard down." Hajime complained. We turned and saw a giant monster on the ceiling. "I guess that thing's supposed to keep you in here?" Hajime asked. I used my copy skill again, copying Hajime to use some of his skills, which I knew better. Yue nodded before Hajime gave her the fur from the bear monster he beat before when we first met. "You gotta wear something. And you Y/n, don't go changing into a girl just randomly again." Hajime said. I nodded while Yue hid herself from Hajime. "Don't look at me like that." Yue said. Hajime shoved some food into her mouth before kneeling down. He told her to hold on to him and not to let go. "Let's do this Y/n." Hajime said.

"Yeah!" I cheered. The giant monster landed on the ground before trying to attack us with its claws. "Alright ugly, you better stay out of my way or you're going to be our dinner!" Hajime shouted. Hajime shot at the monster while I used some of the skills I had borrowed from him to attack the monster. We split up, running in different directions as it shot poison at Hajime. He managed to dodge it before jumping into the air as it fired spikes again. I jumped up and used the Aerodynamics skills to jump again, blocking the spikes. Hajime fell past me as he shot at the monster's head, only for the bullets to seem like they bounced off it. He used what he called a Flash Bang again. This time I was prepared for it and I covered my eyes before it faded and I saw the monster trying to recover. "Y/n, hold that thing off for a minute!" Hajime shouted.

"Okay! Will do!" I answered. I went back to attacking the monster, trying my best to deal the most damage I could to it with the skills I had copied. The monster attacked me before aiming towards where Hajime and Yue were. Hajime used his Quick Step skill to move out of the way before the monster turned to face him. "Hey! Focus on me." I said, using the mana blade skill from that bear monster that Hajime killed on the monster's eye. It roared in pain as Hajime shot its head. "We've gotta crack that shell if we're going to kill this thing." Hajime said, as I landed next to him. Yue hopped off his back before standing in front of him. She leaned up and bit his shoulder. I looked at him, confused, before he used his transmute skill to make pillars around us. The monster and Hajime start fighting with the ground before it roars again and smashes the pillars. "Woah, this is crazy." I said, watching the fight.

"That was delicious." Yue said, standing up. She turned towards the monster before summoning a giant blue fireball and slamming it into the monster's head. The monster roared in pain as it looked back at us. "I know this is asking a lot of you, but can you cast that again?" Hajime asked.

"I can, but it won't be as strong." Yue said. He nodded before coming up with a plan for the three of us to take this thing down. Hajime and I rushed off away from Yue, drawing the monster's attention to us. We had to dodge the spikes again, which was a kind of difficult since we were getting tired. Hajime jumped into the air as I followed. "Yue!" Hajime shouted. Yue used the spell again, this time hitting it in the same spot where Hajime shot it once before. Hajime and I landed on the monster before he shot it and I used skills to attack it. The monster poured blood from the spot we had hit it before we jumped off. The monster collapsed to the ground as we landed near Yue. She asked Hajime why we didn't leave her behind and run before we explained that we didn't do that. "You were betrayed by the people you trusted most. I promised that I'd keep you safe. I won't leave unless you're with me and this little guy won't leave me alone anyways." Hajime said, looking at me. Hajime made our camp for the time being before taking the meat out of the monster's body as he talked about vampires. Yue was sad before Hajime asked about her age and she scolded him for it. While they kept talking I was looking at Yue studying her form so I could copy it better. Yue just looked at me from time to time before waving for me to come over to her. I walked over and she patted my head while answering Hajime's questions. As I stood between them I felt something happening as I looked down at my body. I could tell something was different before hair similar to Yue's with some white streaks fell in front of my face. "Aw~ you look so cute now, but which one of us are you?" Yue asked. I looked up at her confused before turning to Hajime. "What the... You looked like both of us almost like our child..." Hajime said, compeltely stunned. I was confused since I didn't know what he meant before looking at Yue. "Umm Yue? I'm not sure which gender they might be would you please check?" Hajime asked.

Yue nodded before covering me with the fur that she got from him and checked the lower part of my bdoy which confused me even more. "Looks like he's a boy for now." Yue said. I looked between them confused as to what they meant since most mosnters didn't have whatever a gender was. "Hajime what does gender mean?" I asked.

"You don't know what that means?" Yue asked. I looked at her and shook my head. "Remember Y/n's a mimic monster. They probably don't have children or genders." Hajime explained.