bringing the cuddlebug to prom

<Uzi's POV>

She was walking over to her class when Thad stopped her.

"Hi, Uz!"

She looked at him, raising an eyebrow on her visor in confusion. "What do you want?"

Thad hesitated before answering. "Will you... go to prom with me?"

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what the fuck.

Both eyebrows shot up in suprise at Thad's question. They weren't close... but he asked her anyway?

Uzi hesitated before answering. "No, I'm good."

His face clouded over for a second. "Why not?"

"I've been waiting for someone else to ask."

Thad frowned. "Oh."

Uzi felt bad for him. He'd just worked up the courage to ask her to go, and she couldn't even return the favor. "So... I gotta go."

"Okay."

"Bye," she said awkwardly.

~•~•~

<N's POV>

"What am I going to do?" he groaned. He was at the pod next to the controls, sitting down on the floor with his head in his hands.

"Just go ask her, dimwit." V said from the chair.

"What if she says no?"

"You two know each other very well, why would she? Plus, if you want any chance at getting together, well, here you go."

"Wait-you know?"

V rolled her eyes. "It's fucking obvious, N. You always talk about her, you sweat when you're near her, you're always nicer to her than to me-"

"What?"

"Point is, go and fucking ask her!"

"But-"

"I will kick your metal ass out of the pod if you don't ask her out. Right here, right now."

He stayed still, and needless to say, his ass got kicked.

N stumbled out of the pod as V mercilessly shoved him out. "V! What the-"

"Leave me alone and go ask her out, you fucking idiot!"

N's eyes drooped to the ground as he stood outside the pod. He looked back at the doors, sighing to himself. I should chicken out.

No.

Yes.

No.

NO.

He took a deep breath and marched towards her. I'm asking her out.

~•~•~

<Uzi's POV>

She sat on her bed as she contemplated declining on Thad. She didn't want to hurt his feelings, it's just she didn't like him back the way that he wanted her to.

A knock sounded on her door.

She grumbled to herself as she got up and walked to open the door. "Dad, leave me alon-"

She looked at the person in the hall and blushed. "N?"

He smiled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Hi Uzi."

She raised an eyebrow. "Why are you here?"

He looked around and said, "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." She opened the door for N as he walked inside her room and sat down on her bed.