Past

ty to supergirl65748 for the request! rlly good idea/concept for the lore :D

<Uzi's POV>

Beep, beep.

Her visor turned on, revealing a place in dull colors. Everything was hued with yellow, making it seem like one of those vintage films Uzi found once.

She was sitting dazed at a vast lake, with a mansion nearby. The moon shone in the sky, the clouds dulling much of its light. The trees were bare and black, armed with branches like knives. Crows cawed around her, some pecking at her curiously. The birds of midnight black surrounded her, staring.

She stared straight back at them. "Shoo."

The flapping of wings was heard as the crows rushed away from her, as if they were terrified.

Oh, the irony.

Uzi stared at the mansion. What was this place?

Then it clicked. Is this the past? Am I in N's memories?

"Okay," she muttered to herself. "It's just memories, Uzi. You'll be fine. You can get out."

She scanned her body, looking for the plug that she always connected to the drone's bodies. She checked the back of her neck, her wrist, her hair. Hell, she even checked her fucking feet.

Nothing.

"Shit, shit, shit. D-DarkXWolf17!"

Nope.

"Serial Designation N?"

Nada.

She took a deep breath. Maybe she had to retrieve something to get back? Maybe she had to find some of N's memories. Everything was fine. She had this under control.

Right?

Right.

~•~•~

She'd made it to the mansion, where people and drones alike bustled around rather quickly. The place looked cold and cruel, and it was filled with humans who glared at her and drones who looked at her in a worried manner. Everyone was whispering to each other, trying to be subtle in the way that they were pointing at her.

Subtle her ass. They stretched their entire arm in her direction.

One drone took a look at her and hissed. "Why aren't you dressed in your outfit? What are those clothes?"

Uzi looked down and saw herself in her typical jacket, boots, and striped purple socks, contrasting heavily to the girl's maid outfit and glasses.

Looking up again, Uzi recognized the maid drone as V. She'll never admit it, but she cares too much about others, always trying (and failing) to cover it up with insults and curses. "Oh, um, I was programmed kinda recently, so-"

"Don't care, let's get you changed before the gala! It's going to be chaos!"

"I-"

"When I say let's go, it means hurry your pathetic ass up before you get decommissioned by the nasty ass humans who are watching us!"

That convinced her. "Okay!"

V grabbed her hand and led up upstairs to a room despite the watchful eyes. She frantically knocked on the door, tapping thrice. "Tessa!" she whisper-shouted.

"V? Is that you?" A small human girl who wore a bow and small dress appeared from behind the door. Her eyes were bright as she studied the butler. "What's the matter? We agreed three taps is an emergency, correct?"

"Yes, its an emergency." V pulled Uzi from behind her.

Uzi gave her a stupid look. "Hi, I'm Uzi?" She phrased it more like a question than a statement. "Uzi Doorman."

Tessa bent down to her hand and held it. "Hello, Uzi. I'm Tessa Elliot, but please, call me Tessa."

Uzi had no idea why everyone was speaking so formally, but she went along with it. "Hello, Tessa. So, I don't really know how or why I got here-"

"Figures." Tessa sighed. "Mother and father can be quite horrible to drones." the human girl clenched her fists, seemingly angered at her parents.

V held Uzi's shoulder. "We can worry about that later. Right now, we have one week to prepare for a gala, and she still hasn't met the others, nor does she have a way to blend in."

Tessa clapped. "Right! N, J, Cyn, come out! One of grab a maid's outfit, please!"

Shuffling could be heard as two drones walked out of a different room that was connected.

There were two entirely different reactions.

"Tessa, what's-oh, hey there! You look very cute-weird? Wait, no, I didn't mean it like tha-I'm sorry!"

This came from a cute boy who she assumed to be N. He was wearing a black suit that looked like a butler's outfit along with a hard hat. And for once he was wearing pants.

"Who's she? She won't hurt you, right Tessa? I'll kill her if she does."

She had to think for a minute before she remembered J. She had that headband that all maids wore along with having her hair in pigtails. Besides that, her outfit was the exact same.

Tessa rolled her eyes. "Now, now, this is Uzi. We need to get her changed, but I request that you all wait here so you can explain things to her once she's done."

"Of course!" N said. "We want you to feel as comfortable as you can in this place."

J snorted. "Like there was any comfort in this place to begin with."

Tessa sighed. "I'm extremely sorry about that. I've been having talks with my parents about releasing you all, but it's not going very well at the moment. Also, where's Cyn?

V raised her hand. "Library. She wanted to read again."

"V, would you please go check on her while Uzi changes? We don't want my parents finding out about me letting her go there."

"On it," V said.

"Wonderful! About that maid's outfit for Uzi-"

"Got it!" N said.

In his hands was a black and white dress that appeared much more yellow in the weird lighting. On top of that was a fucking adorable (she didn't want to be adorable!) bow, and he somehow managed to fit boots and black-and-white striped socks with all of that stuff.

She stared at the pile in N's arms. "Do I really have to wear all of this stuff?"

J rolled her eyes. "None of us are happy about it, okay?"

Uzi muttered some very rude things under her breath. "Fine."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

so hi, im madi, your loyal author.

this is a request by supergirl65748. ur awesome and ty for the support!

okay so i know i have a lot of requests that have been on hold for uh months and im so sorry

there will be a part 2 and maybe more, dont worry ;)

also! i have another book called "scared? | a nico di angelo fanfiction".

its from the pjo (percy jackson) fandom and takes place at the end of the titan's curse. go check it out if you have time, the thing is seriously underrated and has almost no reads. when im not spending time on this book, im over there.

lastly, there's muse! muse is my tadc book, so pls check it out.

no requests, alr got a lot and im super behind

IM SO SORRY TO EVERYONE I HAVE REQUESTS FOR ITS COMING SOON (hopefully 😭😭)

thank you for reading this crappy book ♥️