Punishment

Uzixnthebest this is for you! dont scream too loud lol

<Uzi's POV>

Uzi stared at her homework, head in her hands. Quadratic equations were just too much for her sometimes, and everyone at school made fun of her about it, saying that they were easy.

They were easy, she just wasn't in the mood after being made fun of for the nth time.

The stupid paper that sat in front of her for the last 20 minutes stared back at her. 'Are you gonna solve me?' it seemed to ask. 'Or are you just gonna sit there?'

A few more minutes passed by until she heard a familiar knock on her door.

"Come in!" she called.

N precariously peeked his head inside the dorm, quickly locating Uzi and sitting next to her. "Hey."

"Hey."

Silence filled the rook before N spoke up again.

"Need help?"

"Sure. You know quadratic equations?"

"Of course." He started to quickly scan through the paper. "This is twelve, this is three, this is seven thirds—"

"I need help understanding the equations," Uzi explained, facepalming. "Not just you giving me the answers, because I'd rather have some chance at passing with flying colors then failing to who-knows-where."

"Oh!" N gave her a sheepish smile, looking away from the paper and locking eyes with her. "Of course. It's really easy after all, I used to do these all the time." He kept going on about how these types of problems were easy and that she shouldn't worry as everyone else can do them, bragging about his skills.

For some reason, that statement hurt her. It was like him subtly telling her that she was dumb. So she stopped talking.

"This is a, this is b, this is c..." N began talking as Uzi zoned out.

Am I just dumb? Is that how it is? Am I just incapable of being able to just come up with a proper answer?

"Uzi?" N snapped his fingers in front of her face, frowning when she didn't respond. Usually she'd try to bite his fingers off, but he probably noticed that she wasn't in the mood right now.

<N's POV>

"Uzi? Are you okay?" N asked worriedly.

He cupped her face, trying to scan her eyes. He finally realized what he said wrong. "No, Uzi. I didn't mean it like that—"

"Whatever." She turned away from him, sulking.

N frowned. How much time did he spend bragging? "Uzi, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like—

"Save it."

He reached out to pat her hair, turning her back around and hugging her tightly. She squirmed and tried to get out of his grasp, but N refused to let her.