Used

As the warm rays of the sun gently caressed my face, my eyes slowly fluttered open, reluctantly parting ways with the comforting darkness of sleep. Blinking rapidly, I attempted to adjust to the sudden burst of brightness that flooded the room. With a contented sigh, I stretched my limbs, feeling the pleasant sensation of my muscles awakening from their slumber.

However, my peaceful morning was abruptly interrupted by a sudden crash that echoed through the room. Startled, I turned my head to discover that my beloved book had slipped from its perch and landed on the floor with a resounding thud.

As I shifted in my cozy bed, my drowsy eyes unexpectedly met the intense gaze of the house owl perched nearby, had she just been watching me sleep?

Strange little bugger.

As I groggily sat up, my eyes were immediately drawn to yet another letter resting at the foot of the perch. Its nondescript wax seal seemed to mock me. With an exasperated sigh, I rolled my eyes so dramatically that I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of my own brain.

With a swift motion, I snatched the letter from its envelope and tore it open, my face contorting with frustration. It was as if the paper itself had committed a personal offense against me.

-Miss Olivia,

How you wound me so with your feisty words. Regarding my inquiry into your whereabouts, I must inform you that my father happens to be acquainted with yours in some specific capacity, thus sending a letter was not a covert undertaking. However, if you wish to maintain confidentiality, I am willing to accommodate your request. The way you looked as I twirled you around, the whole room watching, will forever be etched in my memory.

Awaiting your response,

Your now secret admirer-

I couldn't believe the audacity of this man! Filled with a mix of frustration and disbelief, I crumpled the letter in my hand, feeling the weight of my emotions. With a swift motion, I launched it across the room, as if hoping to rid myself of the infuriating presence it represented.

When it came to my father's social circle, I knew one thing for sure - I wanted no part of it. He only hung out with other pure bloods who were, let's just say, a little off their rocker. If my dad was friends with them, then I was definitely steering clear.

As I read over the crumpled letter again, a twinge of guilt crept up on me. Was I being too quick to judge? Maybe I wasn't giving them a fair shot. I pondered on it for a while, but ultimately, my gut feeling remained the same. Despite his family background, his behavior still reeked of arrogance.

I grabbed another piece of parchment and began furiously scratching my words into it.

-Mr. Arrogant,

No I do not wish to be your little secret or anything else as a matter of fact. Please release your delusions. You may keep the memory of me twirling about for it's the only thing you will ever have of mine. Cease your relentless desperation and find another more fulfilling hobby.

Worst wishes,

Olivia-

In a flurry of urgency, I swiftly folded the letter and handed it over to the bird, not even bothering to seal it. Deep down, I secretly yearned for this to be the final correspondence from him, but alas, I knew better than to indulge in such wishful thinking because men were just that...men.

Pathetic.

As the flames of my annoyance began to dwindle, a chilling sensation crept its way back into the depths of my heart. It was a stark reminder that I couldn't allow anyone to ignite such a fiery reaction within me again.