Interrupted

As I walked into the pub, I couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement mixed with a tinge of nervousness. I had arrived early for my apparent date with Garreth and decided to grab a seat to calm my nerves.

The atmosphere inside the Three Broomsticks was electric, with the sound of laughter and chatter filling the air. I even spotted a few familiar faces from the castle, adding to the buzz of the place.

I was still unsure why I was truly here. Did part of me miss Garreth? Sure. How big was that part though...Was it truly just loneliness and spite that drove me to do this?

I pushed all the thought down, deciding to just let's the cards fall where they may. Thinking too much into things isn't always a good idea.

Not wanting to sit still, I decided to grab a drink from the bar for myself and Garreth. I approached Sirona and ordered two butterbeers, watching the door in the meantime in case he showed up.

"Meeting someone?" she asked, handing me the mugs.

"Uh yea but I guess I arrived a bit early," I said, offering an anxious smile.

"Nothing wrong with being early."

As she flashed me a gentle smile and handed me the butterbeers, she turned to assist the other patrons who were eagerly waiting for their drinks. I carried the mugs back to our table and sat down, my mind racing with thoughts of what could be taking him so long. Maybe he had a change of heart or perhaps this was all just a cruel joke.

Shit, he may have finally blown himself up with one of his potions.

As the doors swung open, the sudden burst of sound and cold air jolted me out of my absurd daydreams. My heart stopped as I eagerly glanced up, desperately hoping it was Garreth who finally showed up.

To my surprise, it wasn't him who stood before me. No, it was Sebastian with Adelaide hanging on his arm.

Shocker. I guess the girl from the other night wasn't up to par.

Fuck, just great. Thankfully I don't think he noticed me.

With an exasperated eye roll, I gracefully rose from my seat and relocated so my back was facing them. He was the last person I wanted to see right now, especially when I have a stupid date. This town really was too small, maybe I should try the Hogshead instead...I can get over the smell and dodgy company surely.

In the midst of grumbling to myself, a hand slid across my back startling me. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I got here as fast as I could."

It was Garreth, thank Merlin!

"Oh, don't worry! I've only just arrived, but I managed to snag us some butterbeers," I said with a smile, my eyes darting around in search of Sebastian, but he seemed to have vanished into thin air.

Good maybe they left.

As Garreth plopped down beside me, he grabbed the butterbeer and took a massive gulp. With a grin on his face, he turned to me and said, "I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised you agreed to come out with me tonight. I was convinced you despised me."

"I'm not sure I could ever really hate you. Be furious, sure but we are both mature enough now to talk about it."

I sipped on my drink, hoping the entire date wasn't going to be him groveling even if that would be funny.

"I agree, so for the last time I want to apologize and move on. We both know I was an idiot and even if nothing comes of this I can say I tried," he laughed, rubbing his arm.

We quickly shifted our conversation to the topic of potions class and his latest concoction. His witty jokes had me doubled over in laughter, my sides aching from the sheer hilarity of it all.