Stupor

written from Sebastian's perspective

<><><><><><><><><>

With a mixture of annoyance and helplessness, my hands instinctively rose to my face, massaging away the tension. A heavy groan escaped my lips, a testament to my frustration. Despite her fiery attitude, I couldn't deny that she was too damn cute when she got like this.

As I observed her storming off in a fit of rage, it became a true testament to my self-restraint. Deep down, I longed to chase after her, to pull her close, but her anger mirrored my own, leaving us both in a state of intense frustration.

In fact, Olivia had an undeniable power over me, threatening the self-control I had diligently cultivated over the past year. Her stubbornness mirrored my own, and she was excruciatingly beautiful which acted as a magnetic force, effortlessly pulling me towards her.

Stupidly I had once again fumbled over all of my words, her presence always putting me in a daze and making it seem like I'm just some blabbering fool. Merlin, she could be so maddening.

Standing there for a moment, I watched as she disappeared back into the castle once more, not sure where she was going but hoping it wasn't anywhere near that Weasley prick.

Gods, even the way she looked when she walked away had me entranced.

Despite my best efforts to remain composed, my jealousy broke free the moment I laid eyes on her entangled with Weasley. The sight of his arms wrapped around her, drawing her close...I fought every urge in me to not go over there and just hex him into oblivion.

Not only was I foolishly consumed by jealousy, but now I found myself grappling with an additional burden. Just the idea that some idiotic rumors were going around about me was bad but the fact that she heard them and had to question me about them? The worst.

With each step, my feet resonated against the cold stone floors, their echoes reverberating through the castle walls as I made my way to the one place I knew to go and get this sorted. Straight to the source was my only option because there was no one else that knew about the things that happened between me and Adelaide, except us.

As I walked out into the Viaduct courtyard, I caught sight of Adelaide engaged in conversation with another student near the bridge, a guy of course. Suppressing my frustration, I lingered to the side, knowing damn well she saw me the moment I walked out.

"Adelaide." I cleared my throat and spoke up, purposefully trying to interrupt their conversation.

I was eager to finish this, no interest in dragging out this conversation longer than necessary or be around her and allow her to try and do something.

Her smug gaze flickered over to me, finishing up her conversation before turning her full attention over and approaching to stand much too close in front of me.

"Sebastian...if it isn't my favorite snake." Her voice grated on my ears, always coming across as overly flirtatious and posh.

"Adelaide would you care to explain why the entire fucking school suddenly knows intimate details about me and you? Not to mention it's not even the right details."

A faint giggle escaped her as she extended her hand up to make contact with my arm, but I quickly dodged her gesture, resulting in a slight frown forming on her face.

"Oh come on, it's not even that big of a deal. Are you upset a certain someone might find out? Perhaps who you were with at the cafe? I didn't get a really good look at who you were with."