Prologue | The Beginning of A School of Despair

???: Today is the start of something new, something to change my life forever. I can't believe I was even selected! Who knew that a talent like mine could get me anywhere, seriously! Can't believe this is it. Hero Academy... I've heard some incredible things about this place!

???: Oh... dear I'm so nervous... a day to be alive! That's... wild! Me... chosen to attend Hero Academy!? What a marvelous day this is! How did I get here, oh... so many amazing things! For I am!

???: Alear!

Alear: I can't believe my eyes! Right here I'm standing here in front of an academy filled with people who are Super High School Leveled... Who knew such a thing could happen to me! This is a school where only people who are Super High School Leveled can join in. No "ordinary" person is allowed to enter, only a few are chosen. Wow...

Alear: By the way, I happen to be a Super High Level myself. That's being the Super High School Level Divine Dragon! I've done a lot to make sure the people of Elyos are safe. I've done it with my brother but unfortunately he's not going in with me. Regardless! Let's get this going! First day of classes, WHOO!

Alear walks in and sees the entire building empty. Alear takes a look at the clock and notices it's 7:15 am.

Alear: Ahaha... whoops... I must've been so excited I came here early. The meeting isn't until 8 am... well I just need to keep my head up high and explore a bit! Exploring can cool off my brain and I can get to understand the school better! Or... I could be boring and wait here. Ah, I'll be boring and wait, it's not that long of a wait-

Alear's vision becomes extremely blurry all of a sudden.

Alear: W-Wait a moment... my vision! I-I-

Her vision continues getting blurry before... fading into black...

...

THE BEGINNING OF A SCHOOL OF DESPAIR

PROLOGUE

Alear: W-What... happened?

She slowly raises her head up from the table and spots herself inside of a strange classroom.

Alear: Wait a moment... I was in a hallway... suddenly I'm teleported... here? How odd.

Standing around here... I tried getting an understanding of what my eyes were even looking at. Turns out... I was surrounded by this classroom. The aroma was awful, simply awful. I don't know how to feel. I took one more look at the clock and realized the time. Uh oh... it was 8 am. I better get to the main hall, and fast!

Alear: GAH! I'm going to be late! This is so embarrassing! I was the first one here and now I'm going to be the last one!

I dashed out of the room and tried to get a good idea about the halls. They were cold... empty, I don't know how to feel about all this. It was certainly an odd feeling for the most part. What the hell was going on anyways?

Right as I walked into the room... there I spotted it! People! Actual people! Thank goodness!

???: Look at that! There's another person!

??? 2: My my, what took you a long time?

??? 3: Counting her... that makes twenty of us. Alright! Now we can start with this correlation!

??? 2: Just wait a moment, is she at a Super High School Level?

??? 3: By the looks of it, yep!

So... these are the students that are Super High School Level... twenty of us!? That's... not the amount I was suspecting, that's quite a lot...