Chapter 3| Daily Life| Downtown To a Starlight

???: Death after death, it's all the same! How come we're unable to do anything about the situation? I've been putting my mind to it but it just... won't... work.

...

???: Maybe I should go to bed, it is late after all. I know there's a lot that still needs to be done. Maybe somehow-

??? (2): What are you doing here so late?!

???: A-Ah! Monokuma! What brings you around-

Monokuma: I'm asking you! You're up for no reason whatsoever! You're not even the type of person to stay up...

???: I apologize... I should definitely be going to sleep.

Monokuma: You better! I don't want you doing nonsense here! Now shoo.

???: Jeez, I had no real intention to do anything wrong... just want to help Shuichi in the effort of finding the mastermind-

Monokuma: NO BUTS! Go straight to your dorm and GO. TO. SLEEP! I'm tired of your rambling now shoo, IMMEDIATELY.

???: Okay, okay!

The person leaves and heads into their dorm.

Monokuma: Sometimes... people like him really do get on MY nerves...

Monokuma: Puhuhuhu! Nobody will ever find out who the mastermind is! No matter what!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcement from Monokuma: Rise and shine everyone! Do you know what time it is? It is 7:00 am and nighttime is officially over! Get up to create a great day everyone!

I woke up with somewhat of a headache. I never had such a thing before, I know yesterday was rough... but even then why was I experiencing such pain?

Shuichi: God, I don't want to get up...

But I had no choice, it was just a minor annoyance and wasn't anything actually too serious. I got up and made my way to the dining hall, surprisingly I was the first one there. It had been a while since I had arrived early. I started sleeping a little more to block away the events that occurred.

Frye: Hey Shuichi, how are you?

Shuichi: Just have an annoying headache as of right now. Nothing that serious but it is sort of annoying. It should be sorted out shortly.

Frye: Aww that's unfortunate but I understand why.

Shiver: Oh Frye, there you are. Surprised to see you so early.

The two walked off to talk with one another as I just sat on my own quietly eating breakfast. I just didn't know what to do. But Alcryst and Claude came by and sat down next to me.

Alcryst: Y-You seem to be sad.

Shuichi: I guess I am, after all I had to kill off some of my close friends because of... whatever the hell was going on. It was depressing but what choice did I have?

Claude: Yeah... Agent 3 himself appeared to be guilty for the events as well. Unfortunately, he had to go out like that.

Shuichi: Definitely, he could've just not done it but atlas... he did. Makes me... just feel overall like crap.

Alcryst: That's understandable, I feel like anyone would feel the same given your circumstances.

Shuichi: I suppose... Did Monokuma give anything new?

Alcryst: Not yet, but you were one of the first ones. Shouldn't you have been the one to tell us?

Shuichi: Good point, sigh I just wish there was something else to do than just wait around for our inevitable demise.