Chapter 1| Wishing Hallow Nights| Deadly Life

...

*DING DONG-BING BONG*

Announcement from Monokuma: A body has been discovered! Everyone! Head to Bandana Waddle Dee's dorm room! Quickly, quickly now!

Alear: NO!

Eirika: I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD'VE NOTIFIED EVERYONE OF THIS SITUATION!

Lucina: I-I didn't think it would be that bad! You should've warned us!

Eirika: Didn't I try doing that!? None of you seemed to want to listen to me!

Shuichi: Wh-What happened?- BANDANA DEE?!

Meta Knight: A-Are you kidding me...

Frye: How did this even happen?! Aren't the rooms all locked off?!

Claude: That... is... disturbing...

Alear: Gods... who would do such a thing toward someone like Bandana Dee? All he was doing was trying to live his best life... but this happens?!

Celica: It's... so deeply disturbing to see this happen to him...

Monokuma: Well take a look at that! Who would've thought that someone would've happened to poor old Bandana Waddle Dee?

Celica: I wish we knew...

Monokuma: Seems like someone finally was motivated enough to kill someone! I guess those last minute cards did the trick didn't they?

Alear: Are you certain that's what happened?

Monokuma: I don't see why someone wouldn't kill without some sort of motivation! Now... I have some new things to announce about your upcoming class trial!

Celica: What's that about?

Monokuma: If you are the one who committed the murder. You will be executed if you're caught! Yep! I said that correctly! Execution will occur to the person who was caught.

Lumine: EXECUTION!? EXECUTED?! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT?!

Monokuma: Just doing what I do best! If you're caught you're going to be executed! But if you aren't caught... everyone besides the blackened will be EXECUTED!

Alear: It truly is a life or death situation around here...

Monokuma: Puhuhu! Life is just difficult that way...

Alfred: So you're saying that we'll have to deal with the... class trial?

Monokuma: Yep! No idea why you wouldn't go through with the idea. Anywho! That's your new regulations! Rules nine and ten accordingly.

Alear: How splendid...

Monokuma: Now... I will say let the investigation begin! But I'll give you guys a small little start! You see this file right here? This is called the "Monokuma File!" I mean, you guys aren't experts at investigating deaths and such, so you can only do so much with a corpse. So as an act of kindness, I've gathered up everything I know about the circumstances and cause of death.

Alear: This... is surprisingly helpful of you.

Monokuma: Aren't I just the best? Here you kiddos go! The Monokuma File! Use it to investigate some clues about who did it! Alright, time to see you take care of this.

Alear: Fine...

I looked down at the file but all I could think was the dread of learning Bandana Dee... had to die because someone just HAD to be motivated. Oh well, this is the first time and Shuichi IS a detective. I wonder if he knows anything...