Chapter 8| Despair and Hope Fighting Sunlight

The trial was concluded and we were sent on our way. We all stood there just staring at each other. Anxiously awaiting for whenever the announcement was going to happen.

Marth: Here we go... we're going to discover who the mastermind of this game is.

Shuichi: When the time hits, we're going to do as much investigating as we can. We cannot allow the mastermind to get away with this. Not anymore.

Shiver: He's right, I've never been so worried in my life about doing an investigation. But that just means we need to do as much as we can to ensure we can reach the conclusion.

Alear: ...

Lumine: Alear, is everything okay?

Alear: Now that this game is heading into the end now... I want to look back at each of the trials.

Shuichi: Why?

Alear: I wasn't here for the first one and that's when my sister ended up getting executed. What happened?

Shuichi: Based on my memory, Acadia ended up being held responsible for killing Bandana Waddle Dee. Her alter ego ended up doing that.

Alear: R-Really...

Lumine: Is something wrong?

Alear: I guess... There is something wrong. I don't... know for sure.

Shuichi: What do you... mean?

Alear: I want to look back at that one and Furina's and Celica's trials specifically as well.

Marth: I understand Celica since her trial was just a confusing mess. But why Acadia and Furina? We had pretty clear conclusions with those ones.

Shuichi: I agree.

Alear: Well with Furina... there was something odd with the fact she didn't back down until her execution came. And Celica straight up never did.

Shuichi: Right...?

Alear: I... no. Do you think they were...

Alear: Framed?

Shuichi: Furina, Acadia and Celica?!

Marth: I think Celica has the highest chance of being framed but how come Furina and Acadia have a chance of being framed? I don't know what you're talking about...

Alear: Listen, with Furina's trial... she was very consistent with trying to defend herself. After a while, the killers ended up giving up but she never did...

Furina: I'll defend myself until the very end! Until all of you realize that I am INNOCENT and not GUILTY!

Shez: You're insane in the head, do you realize that Furina?

Furina: You want to think that way!? How could you! Do you not realize your cruelness of thinking I am the murderer?! I'm the Super High School Level Judge! You guys don't know who you're messing with!

Marth: But we have a detective on our side! You may be a judge but you can never outsmart a detective!

Furina: GAHH!! How come you continue to stay on Shuichi's back!? Can't you see?! What if he is setting me up!?

Shuichi: Furina was very onto me for me being responsible for the killing despite the fact we managed to prove that she was the one responsible for the crime.

Alear: Correct.

Furina: You... you will GET what is coming for you Saihara. KNOW THAT I WILL NEVER GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!! MARK MY DAMN WORDS! I WON'T GO DOWN!!!