✧ 2 ✧

y/n's pov:
you and the stranger make it back to where you had hid your bike, under a broken down car on the main road out of atlanta. you open the back door of the car "get in." you say to the stranger. you realize you still didnt know his name, or anything about him. well, you were about to learn because he gets in and you follow suit, closing the car door firmly. you open your pack and take your first aid kit and set it in your lap. "what's your name?" you ask him, looking up from the kit. "glenn, glenn rhee. what's yours?" you study his face, the blood now dried. you couldn't help but notice how handsome he is, even through the cuts and bruises. you shake off your thoughts "its y/n l/n. now im gonna patch you up, then you're gonna take me to wherever you're camping out." you say, and glenn's eyes grow wide. "h-how'd you know im from a camp?"

"it's kind of obvious. you look well-fed, relatively clean and the kids stuff? definitely not for you." he smiles "you're smart. how did that guy know you, before?" he asks and you tense, stopping wjat you were doing. "not important." you state, hoping he would drop the subject. you open the first aid kit then take an alcohol wipe and open it. grasping his chin gently, you start cleaning his cuts. he winces "sorry, this is gonna sting. and i don't think your nose is broken, so that's good." he quirks up an eyebrow "are you a doctor?" he asks and you shrug "i was a paramedic before the outbreak." you reply and he nods. a comfortable silence falls around you both until glenn is patched up. you answer and he nods "thank you. you could've just left. but you saved me. so, thank you." you shrug "you can thank me by telling me where your camp is."

glenn's pov:
after y/n patches me up we exit the car and she pulls her bike from under it. "you know where the quarry is right? that's where me and a few other survivors have been hiding out since the beginning." i ask and she nods "yeah, i'm pretty sure i know where it is." she answers with a slight country accent. she gets on the bike, then pats the seat behind her. "hop on." i do so and hesitantly wrap my arms around her waist. she kicks the kickstand and starts the bike. my arms tighten around her as she starts to drive out of the city.

glenn's pov:
we arrive at the entrance of the quarry in about half an hour. y/n stops the bike in the entrance to the quarry, about 50 feet away from the rv. "state your business!" dale shouts from the roof of the rv, rifle pointed at us. i get off the bike and step in front of her "she's with me. she saved my life" i say and dale lowers the rifle. y/n kicks the kickstand out and steps off the bike. "hi, im y/n." she says and dale introduces himself with a warm smile "welcome y/n, im dale." y/n nods "thanks. i'd like to speak to who's in charge." she says, getting straight to her point. "our unofficial leader is shane, he's right in there." dale answers, pointing down towards the rv. she nods and walks to the rv. after she enters dale looks back at me "a real talker huh?" i shrug "i'm sure she'll talk more once she warms up to us. i hope."

y/n's pov:
you knock on the door of the rv and wait. "come in." a gruff voice responds from inside. you open the door and see a man sitting at a booth table built into the side of the vehicle. he had short black hair and was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. his hands were occupied with cleaning a small revolver. you guessed he was some kind of law enforcement by how comfortable he was with the weapon. you stay standing next to the door and wait for the man to look up. his eyes meet yours "im y/n, glenn brought me here." you say, keeping eye-contact. shane shakes his head, smiling. "of course he did. well im shane, the unofficial leader of our lovely makeshift camp here. i hope you plan on carrying your weight during your stay here." he states and you nod "i do. i am- was a paramedic. is there a woman by the name theodora here?" you ask, anxious for his answer.

"no, there isn't. why do you ask?" he asks and you look down "just someone i knew." you lie, not wanting to reveal your past to these people just yet. he looks at you with pity "well im sorry she's not here, but your welcome to stay as long as you need. if you need a tent, you can share with with glenn, since he brought you here." he says and you shake your head "sure, as long as he doesn't mind." you respond and shane's expression switches to amusement "oh im sure he won't. were having dinner in about an hour, feel free to explore, talk to the others and make yourself comfortable." he says and you nod then exit the rv, disapointed that your mother wasn't among them. 'don't get your hopes up, y/n'  you say to yourself.

you look up and see glenn was still waiting by your bike, looking at the ground. he looks up as you approach him. "hey, how'd that go?" he asks and you shrug "fine. he said dinner is gonna be ready in an hour, im gonna go walk around, make myself familiar with the area. oh and he said i could share tents with you, since i dont have my own. as long as you're okay with it." you state and glenn's eye widen a bit and his cheeks turn a light pink. "oh, yeah sure that's fine. i-i uh can show you where it is." he stutters, avoiding eye-contact. you smile "thanks. lead the way." you reply and glenn nods and starts walking towards the tents.

he leads you to a small green tent and he crouches and enters. "wait a sec i'll make some room for you." he says from inside and you stay standing, fiddling with your fingers. a few minutes go by and glenn emerges from the entrance of the tent "okay come on in." he says and you do so, crawling through the flap. upon entering you see glenn sitting on a black sleeping bag, organizing his things next to him. you see an empty spot and take your sleeping bag from your backpack and lay it out, making sure to give yourself and glenn enough space to get out. "okay im all set up. i want to explore, make myself familiar with the area." you say and glenn nods "i'll come with you, introduce you to everyone." he replies and you both exit the tent.

once outside you scan the area, seeing various tents and cars, lines with clothes hanging on them and two small fire pits with lawn chairs around them. glenn gestures towards the woman standing over one of the pits, stirring a pot of something over the fire. "hey carol!" glenn says and starts walking towards her. you follow close behind him. "glad you're back safe glenn. who's this?" she says, gesturing to you. "im y/n nice to meet you ma'am." you say, holding out a hand for her to shake. "so polite, i think we have a keeper." she says with a kind smile. she takes your hand and firmly shakes it. "gonna introduce her to the others, see ya later carol." glenn says and you wave to her then follow him further into the camp.