✧ 31 ✧

y/n's pov (while glenn and maggie are at the pharmacy)
you were back at camp, helping andrea hang up laundry. "so, whats going on between you and glenn?" she asks, pulling a shirt from the basket. you turn to her, an eyebrow raised "what do you mean?" you and andrea smiles slyly "you know what i mean. the way you reacted at the well, and the look on your face when rick suggested that glenn go with maggie on that run. it's easy to tell you have feelings for him." she says.

you huff in defiance "i do not. were just really good friends." you counter, aggresively hanging up a pair of pants. 'romance is not your priority' you say to yourself, like you have many times before. andrea doesn't look convinced, her eyebrow raised and a hand on her hip "right, because that hug you gave him was fully platonic." she says sarcastically and you roll your eyes. "were just friends, andrea. drop it." you say, getting increasingly annoyed. andrea smirks at your statement. "okay, fine." she says, focusing back onto the clothes.

glenn's pov:
maggie and i get to the farm, rick and hershel greet us "how'd it go?" rick asks and i smile "we got some antibiotics, gauze, sutures, all the good stuff." i say, getting off my horse. hershel walks to maggie "nothing happened?" he asks her and she shakes her head "nope, nothin. i'll take the horses to the barn." she says, leading the horses away. hershel, rick and i walk towards the camp. once we get closer i see dale on top of the rv, andrea and y/n hanging up laundry, and carol and lori talking by the fire pit. 'looks like everyone's settled in huh?" i think to myself.

once we get closer to the house hershel stops, reaching pit a hand "i'll take that supplies in, i need to check on carl anyway." he says and i hand him the pack. rick turns to me and puts a hand on my shoulder "you did good today, relax." he offers and i smile "will do sheriff." i say, saluting rick as i walk towards the camp. i see andrea and y/n whispering and glacing in my direction. i raise an eyebrow, curious of what theyre talking about. instead of walking up to them i walk towards lori and carol. "hey, how'd the run go?" she asks and i give her a thumbs up "good. got most of the stuff we needed." i reply, hoping she got my hint. lori nods "right. can you help me with something over here?" she asks, standing up. i nod and follow her behind a couple of trees.

i take the box out of my backpack and and it to her. she takes it quickly "thank you." she says and i nod "you're welcome, and i haven't told anyone." i say and lori smiles "i appreciate that." she replies, walking away. i take a deep breath and walk towards andrea and y/n. andrea looks between y/n and i and clears her throat "i'm gonna go to the bathroom." she says, walking away quickly. i raise an eyebrow, at her actions but turn back to y/n. she smiles, "glad you got back safe, get everything you needed?" she asks and i nod "yeah." i reply and an awkward silence falls over us. y/n looks like she wants to say something, but doesn't. "you think were gonna find sophia?" i ask, trying to fill the silence. she shrugs "i don't know. were gonna start lookin tommorow." she answers and i nod.

and theres that awkward silence again. "lunch should be ready soon. see you then." y/n says, and i take that as my que to leave. "see ya." i reply, waving as i walk away. i sigh as i make my way towards the rv. i needed to talk to dale, try to make sense of these mixed signals y/n's giving me. dale looks up as i approach "hey, welcome back." he greets with a smile and i return it "can i talk to you for a second?" i ask and he nods,  "come on up." he says and i make my way up the ladder and sit next to him. "what's on your mind?" dale asks, and i sigh. "y/n, she's just giving me all these mixed signals. i mean, one second shes flirting with me or atleast i think she is, then the next she's avoiding me or yelling at me. i don't know how she feels." i admit, and dale smiles.

"why don't you just ask her straight up? i mean, whats the worst that could happen?" he asks and i pout "i can't do that, thats embarassing! and what if she doesn't feel the same? we're pretty much stuck together and i don't wanna fuck up our friendship." i reply, frustratedly throwing my hands infront of me.

i feel a hand pat my shoulder "glenn, just tell her. who knows when you're gonna have another chance?" he says and i think before responding. "i guess you're right. thanks dale." i say, standing up. "no problem kid, see you at lunch." dale says and i nod, climbing down the ladder. lunch would be ready soon, so i decided to kill the time by reading my book. i make my way to my tent but stop in my tracks when i see y/n and maggie sitting together in our tent. they're discussion looked heated, so i decided to be a coward and walk towards the porch instead to avoid the both of them.

y/n's pov: